A cherished memory!

The river passed through wide and luminous. The water was clear you could see the smoothness of the rocks underneath. The banks seemed alive, flowing swiftly and strong. The ranger was floating in the river after he fell from the cliff. He flowed like time, always onward, always toward his destiny. The river kept flowing, taking its willing passengers onward on dry land. In the cold dusky air little more than blurs in the golden sparkles that reflected the rays of the sun. A touch, A smooth touch of fine Lips, and a saintly sound "May the grace of the Valar protect you." Arwen whispered as she kissed him in a dream.

Brego, the horse whom Aragorn asked to be set free, (cause it has seen too much blood and death) appeared. It approached the ranger and nudged him until he was awakened. Brego, knelt allowing Aragorn to climb onto its back. Then it softly and slowly rode away. Aragorn was still in a dreaming state of mind. A fainting, memory, of a winter day in 2952, when he was 21 years old, Estel met Evenstar.

Gracefully walked with an enchanting song rising forth from their pale lips, bewitched the Ranger's ears. Bright Blue eyes glinted in the pale evening, dazzling his gaze. There were no words he could describe what he had seen, no view was ever beautiful and fine. "If I am dreaming, I don't want to wake up. And If I am awake, don't let me sleep!" were his first words. A memory that had clung with him forever. Innocence. Love. Happiness. All three combined in that special moment. As if space and time become the finest point imaginable, and collapsed into one speck that was saved deeply in his heart. Aragorn had fallen in Love.

That strange feeling; stretched throughout her whole body. It was overwhelming, yet made her feel complete. It has no bound nor length nor depth; it's just absolute. It unfolded into a dangerous fire, that she had never felt in her long life. No Elf, No man, No creature could make her heart skip a bit. Now she was at peace, though her heart became alive. It could never rest, in the thought of that stranger. How is it even possible to know that you cannot live without him now? "Elen sila lumen omental." (A star shall shine on the hour of our meeting) Arwen said in a very soft and sweet tone "Guren *níniatha n'i lû n'i a-govenitham" (This heart will weep for the time, when we will meet again.)

Meanwhile, In Rivendell Arwen had a long talk with her father. He wanted to remind her that the ships were leaving for Valinor. That she should leave before it was too late. Though, Arwen didn't want to go. She had made her choice. Whatever reason her father said, he couldn't make her see his point of view. Until he mentioned mortality. Even If Aragorn was a Dúnedain, he would die one day. Arwen would be left only with the grief, and eventually die. It was only then that she agreed to follow her kin on their trip to Valinor.

Aragon was finally awake from his solid dream. He rode Brego back to Helm's Deep. He came across the army of Saruman. He paused there were more than ten thousand Uruk-hai. He didn't linger and rode as fast as he could to inform them. War was upon them. Aragorn rode through Helm's Dike. The valley in front of the fortress was free over its entire width by the natural series. He rode up to the fortress and into the courtyard.

Gimli paused as he noticed Aragorn. He ran through the riders. He was happier than he even could be to see his friend alive. "Where is he? Where is he? Get out of my way! I'm gonna kill him! You are the luckiest, cunningest, and most reckless man I ever knew!" he cried as he embraced Aragorn "Bless you, laddie!"

"Gimli, where is the king?" the ranger asked him. He was also glad to see his friend. Though the news he was bringing was really important. The dwarf told him that the king was in the main chambers. Aragorn ran to find the King as he pumped into Legolas.

"Le abdollen." (You're late.) The elf said as if he already knew that Aragorn wasn't dead. Behind him was Ethir. Her eyes widened as she noticed Aragorn. She wasn't sure if she was dreaming. Though he seemed much alive. "You look terrible." added the Elf smiling at him. Aragorn laughed resting his hand on Legolas' shoulder. Èowyn stepped away was watched them. Legolas gave Aragorn Arwen's Evenstar. The ranger lightly bowed in respect of his friend.

"Hannon le." (Thank you.) Aragorn said.

Suddenly, behind the Elf appeared Ethir. He grabbed Legolas by the shoulders and pulled him aside, hugging Aragorn. She gazed at him happy that he was alive. "You are back!" she yelled with a smile. Few of the riders were gazing at them oddly. She released Aragorn and walked aside so that he could meet with the King.

"I have to talk with the King!" the ranger said.

Ethir gave a strange look at Legolas. The elf kept surprising her. The way he was looking out for his friends. It made her jealous. She didn't want to admit it, as she was always alone. However, with friends like Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli, someone would only be blessed. She never cared for anyone. Only after she became part of the fellowship. And although she was an outcast, she made some friends. Friends, the selfish, wicked self of her had friends.

Aragorn found Théoden and brought him the news. The army would arrive by night. Things were more serious than they thought. Théoden informed his men. There were many things to be arranged. Aragorn tried to convince him to ask for help. Though, The King didn't want to. When he was in need no one came to their aid. They would face that war alone or so they thought.

There was no time. War was upon them!

((Next Chapter: 29))

[last edit: 2017 April]