Chapter One

I sat on the edge of the bed, in denial that today was my seventeenth birthday, the day I become a full wolf.

Also the day that I would be able too sense my mate, I don't know if I'm ready for something like this.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when someone knocked on my door " come in" I shouted out to them.

My younger sister Gabriella walked in.

"Happy birthday Pee" she said with the biggest smile on her face, I've always hated it when she called me that but I never told her.

"Thanks Gabs" I said reaching my arms out pulling her into a big bear hug.

For as long as I could remember I've always envied my sister, wishing that I could be just a little more like her in some way.

She the most beautiful girl you'll ever lay your eyes on, she had the fullest lips ever with long wavy sun kissed brown hair and to top that off she had the most beautiful eyes anyone could ask for.

"Pee I'm going to make you over when you look in the mirror you're going to be like damn who's that"

I laughed at my sisters , but I didn't know if I should be excited or hurt.

She curled my hair, since my hair was short they formed around my face next she went to make up.

It felt like she caked my face but when I looked it seemed like nothing was there everything looked so natural.

I loved everything so far, next was my outfit it was the winter season so I wonder what she was going to put together.

She ran in my closet it took her a good 20 minutes before she came back.

I had on a black crop top, black high waisted jeans with a thick maroon cardigan paired with brown ankle boots.

I loved the way I looked, I felt like a new me, I wasn't the shy having a book shoved in her face girl anymore and I loved it.

"you know Penelope you have a nice body I don't know why you don't show it off " I smiled at my sisters comment "thanks Gabs ".

Maybe she was right, maybe I need this, I need to open up more relax and let people into my life staring today I'm not Penelope the shy I'm Penelope the brave.

I got my book bag and headed downstairs to get breakfast my mom and dad were in the kitchen waiting for me.

most kids hate to see their parents all lovey dovey well that's not me, I think its cute because it makes me want to have that when I find my mate.

" aww happy birthday sweet pea " my mom said getting off of my dads lap and walking over to me giving me a kiss on the forehead

" you look very beautiful today baby" my dad said.

it doesn't really mean anything when your parents say you look pretty because its something that they have to do " thanks daddy " I said kissing him on the cheek.

I got a granola bar and headed out the door I didn't have time to eat breakfast I was already running late, before I walked out the door my mom grabbed me.

" Hope you have a wonderful day today honey and when you get home I have a surprise waiting for you" she said

Lawndale Academy where most human kids want to go but if your not excepted you're not allowed in.

By excepted I mean wolf, only Three packs go to Lawndale, the DustMoon Pack which the pack that I'm in, then there's the SilverLake Pack, and last is the RoseWood Pack.

I was waking down the hall when someone shoved me, my back hit the cold locker door.

Facing me was my nightmare Sean Greenbird, " so sexy I heard it was your birthday today" he sang

"Yeah it's my birthday, why do you care" I spat back at him

I tried to push him off of me but I couldn't, I didn't have the hang of my powers yet.

"Relax baby I just wanted to give you a birthday gift that's all" nothing ever good happens when your with this boy.

He moved his head down leaving soft kisses on my neck, " STOP " I yelled at him.

But he didn't listen to me, he traveled further up neck making his way to my jawline.

I panicked no I didn't want this creep to be my first kiss, I didn't even like the fact that he was the first person too kiss me on my neck like this.

"Looks to me like she doesn't want you kissing her" a low husky voice said

Then I didn't fell Sean on me, my body wasn't being forced up against the locker.

but I smelled the most wonderful scent in my life "Mate Mate Mate" my wolf purred with excitement.

His back was facing me so I didn't get a good look at his face until he turned around pulling me into his side.

" if I ever see you trying to kiss my mate again I will rip your tough out myself" he growled

My legs where going weak if it wasn't for him holding me up for support, I would have fell.

We walked away I was still pressed to his side while this electricity feeling ran threw my body, "Ummm thanks Dustin"

I can't believe my Mate was Dustin Jade of the RoseWood Pack, His Dad is Beta Jade.

I never been so happy in my life, " are you ok did he hurt you" so much worry filled his voice

" No I'm perfectly fine "trying my best to reinsurer him

" let me walk you to your class" he said while grabbing my hand

" I have art class this period " I told him

He walked me all the way, I couldn't stop smiling every thing seemed so surreal to me.

Only in the books did the loner girl get the Jock as her boyfriend, Dustin was every girls dream guy.

Captain of the basketball team 6'2 green eyes and just plain out beautiful.

So far my birthday has been ok, " so umm do you wanna eat lunch with me " he asked

He seemed so nerves and shy, " yeah I would like that" I said to me

"Ok good" he said before kissing me on the forehead

"I'll be waiting for you by my locker" he said as he ran away trying to make it on time to his class

My stomach had so many butterflies, it kind of hurt but I liked the feeling he gave.

I walked into class with the biggest smile on my face, nothing could go wrong I thought to myself.

Oh but how wrong was I.