17: M

Chapter 17: M

“Seriously?” I asked. I got back to the forest and walked around, not finding my brother anywhere. I walked to the school as the sun was just above the horizon. I found my brother standing beside an R.V.

“Yes, I figured it would be good” he said hitting the metal side.

“We are vampires. And yet we are riding in an R.V?” I said.

“Get in” he stated.

“No” I argued.

“I am your older brother. I am your guardian now. You must listen to me, now get in the R.V” he stated.

“Nope” I said with a smile on my face.

He groaned “god I didn’t think it would be this hard to raise you” he said sliding his hand down his face.

I laughed “it has only been an hour tops” I stated.

“Get in the-” he paused. He looked around him and then his eyes landed something and narrowed.

I turned and looked behind me to see a cute dog… well actually I think it was a wolf… a little bigger than the average wolf. It had was a dark shade of brown, almost black. I instantly got on one knee and beckoned it to come closer.

It did and I petted its head. Wolves aren’t that scary. I was actually feeling a connection with this wolf.

I turned my head to the side and stuck out my bottom lip “please, can we keep him?” I begged.

My brother looked between me and the wolf. He looked back to me “if you behave… I guess” he sighed.

I squeaked and wrapped my arms around the wolves neck “you’re coming with me” I stated.

I looked back at my brother and ended up in front of him in a second. I was still a little dizzy from the fastness but I wrapped my arms around him “thank you Nathan” I said.

“Yeah, yeah get in the R.V. I have to… take a piss” he hesitated.

“More info then I needed” I stated. I turned to get the wolf but my brother stopped me.

“I’m going to check and make sure its house trained. Now go make yourself at home inside. I bought you a few clothes… I hope they are your size” he said.

I nodded and walked around the big R.V. I opened the door and walked up the small stairwell. I looked around; there were two seats at the front; drivers and passengers. I walked down the little hallway and found two couches on either side. Above the drivers and passengers was a bed type thing that had a small curtain you could pull over for privacy. You walked further down and there was a door that leads to the small toilet room. I frowned… no shower. On the other side was a second door you could leave with. Then there was a small stove and heater. At the very back was a bedroom type thing with a bed.

I sighed; I guess I could get used to this.

I heard something open and I jumped out of the R.V. I found my brother shutting the outside compartment meant for storage.

“What did you just put in there?” I asked.

“Nothing just a little more luggage” he said.

I nodded “where’s the wolf?” I asked.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure he’ll come at your call” he stated with a small knowing smirk.

I brushed it off “you know it’s a guy?” I asked.

He nodded “I think I know the male parts” he stated.

“Wolfie?” I yelled out.

“Wolfie?” my brother repeated raising an eyebrow.