Chapter Fourteen: Magnus' P.O.V

I sat there all night staring at the picture, my tears soaking through it. One thought going through my mind as I finally got up and got dressed. Ferner is going to pay for this. 

I dressed into black skinny jeans and one of Alec’s black t-shirts with my black cloak with the hood. I didn’t bother with my hair which my fingers had run through it, messing it up and making it look as if I’d just blow dried it with a jet engine. I slipped on my black combat boots and folded the picture and put it in my pocket.

Silently and deadly I walked out of my apartment. I was majorly pissed. I had blue sparks flying from my fingertips as I walked. I hadn’t even bothered to glamour myself for the knowing fact that I could silence a simple human with a menacing glare. I walked all the way out of Brooklyn and into New Jersey, only taking a boat to get across the water.

I walked up the long driveway to Ferner’s apartment. Why did he have to have such a secluded place? Oh, well. Only makes it easier for what I’m about to do. I reached into my pocket and felt the creased and now tearstained paper of the picture. 

I reached the door and didn’t bother knocking. I raised my hand and sent blue sparks at it, blasting it to pieces. I stepped inside of the now broken door to see a very shocked looking Ferner, two drinks in two hands and one holding a pen and another holding a book, most likely a journal of accomplishments. 

“Magnus, welcome, welcome!” Ferner chimed. “What a surprise, I wasn’t expecting you!” I remained silent and lowered my head a little, looking at him through the top of my lashes, which managed to make me look even more intimidating. Ferner scratched the back of his head nervously. “Is there anything I can get you?” he asked me. 

I let blue sparks flick from my fingertips again. He looked at me with wide eyes and then a smug smile. He leaned back and tried to look relaxed. “I’m guessing you and Alexander got into a fight then? Did he find out about our little love affair? Clever wasn’t it?” I didn’t answer. If I spoke it would be the last thing he heard. It is going to be the last thing he hears. But I wanted him to explain himself first. 

“Fine, I’ll just have a drink for myself. For my cleverness and the fact that if believe I managed to ruin dear old Magnus’s relationship with a mortal. Like that should have been hard. He’s mortal you should have known you can’t get attached to him. Isn’t that one of the first thing I taught you?” he asked me, twirling his drink a little bit, a bored look on his face “and when you asked if there was any way the immortal spell was real, of course I told you the truth. At first I thought you were going to use it on your cat. You love that feline more than you love glitter. But then I realized that you were going to use it on that shadowhunter.” he spat out the word as if it were a hot tea that tasted disgusting and had just burnt his tongue while also getting the rancid taste of it. 

I glared at him as I watched his every move. After the explanation I was going to kill him. I was going to make him suffer for every silent tear Alec had shed in my office with me. I would break a bone for every questioning thought my Alexander had about himself, Ferner’s fault or not.

“Now Magnus do come and sit. You look like you’re going to murder someone.” he paused. “Oh wait, right, you plan to murder me, or you hope to.” He smirked and more sparks flew from my fingers. I was beyond angered. “Now we must think of little Alec here. Don’t you think it’s best he doesn’t have you there to slow him down? When he’s not with you he’s a pretty damn good fighter. He beat the demons I sent after him quite a couple of times without the hesitation his sister had, even the unknown demons of my new design. Like those? Yeah, I did too.”