Prologue: Roadside

Note~
Herro guise c: I got this idea randomly the other day and yea cx I hope it's as good as I imagine it xD

Christa's POV  

It all started with her song. The song that would soon explain everything. The song that made me fall in love.

The night started on a different note, though.

It was a chilly spring night, as I sprinted down the cold asphalt. The auditorium began to fill to the brink with a countless number of fans, one of the thousands being me. Fans of whom, you may wonder? Ymir and The Titans, the indie rock band who would soon to be performing. They weren't a very popular band, but they weren't bad. I loved them. But, my favorite of them all was Ymir. I wonder if I'd ever get to meet her.

"Dad, I wanna meet Ymir!"

"Ymir, of that titans band? You think she'd even give you a second thought if you met her?"

Yeah, my parents were totally supportive of my biggest dreams. The show began to start, as a drum beat by Annie, the best female drummer I've seen, echoed throughout the large room. The guitarists Reiner and Bertl ran in, as the freckled woman I adored momentarily walked onto the stage. Ymir. She spoke to the crowd into the mic, driving the fans mad. Her voice lulled me into her trance, as I stared at the freckled woman on the stage. I was in love.

"Are you ready?!" She screamed into the mic.

"YEAH!" The crowd hollered in unison.

"Then let's get this show started!"

And with that, the show had begun.

Time passed, and the show neared its end quickly. The crowd begged for another song, catching the singer's attention. Ymir spoke into the mic; "Another one?" She looked to the other members, and then back to the crowd. "We can play one more." I cheered loudly, as did the rest of the crowd. Ymir moved closer as Reiner began to play his guitar to the slow song.

"This song is called Roadside."

The crowd went ballistic. Ymir's mouth moved as her song began. The fans hushed as the quiet song began.

Tell me what I'm supposed to do,
With all these left over feelings of you;
'Cause I don't know

I smiled brightly. This song was always my favorite.

And tell me how I'm supposed to feel,
When all these nightmares become real;
'Cause I don't know

Ymir looked into the crowd as she sung, her eyes scanning. Some of the crowd sang along with Ymir.

And I don't think you see the places inside me that I find you,
And I don't know how we separate the lies here from the truth;
And I don't know how we woke up one day and somehow thought we knew
Exactly what we're supposed to do.

That's when it happened. She looked directly at me. For at least 30 seconds. The only sound in my ears was her and my pounding heart.

So leave me at the roadside,
And hang me up and out to dry;
So leave me at the roadside,
And hang me up and out to dry.

I felt the air catch in my throat and my cheeks grow warm as her stare intensified with each word that flowed from her lips.

And I don't think you see the places inside me that I find you;
And I don't know how we woke up one day and somehow thought we knew
Exactly what we're supposed to do.