Chapter 1 Nemesis

I could see things, I could hear things, loud and clear

I could see things, I could hear things, loud and clear. Screams piercing the cold wind, every sense of mine heightened, every moment cautious. Guns reloading and bullets fired at the moving targets, penetrating through their skulls, crushing their hopes of survival.

Karim has to die.

I moved through the kitchen door as the other men do the killing of the unwanted, I already have an objective to clear. Outside the house security was much tighter than here but in the house things are easier, but I can't let him escape even though the house is surrounded by my men. I make my way to the basement after searching the first floor where Davin has found the black sheep hiding.

The moment I enter I am pleased by the site of Karim on his knees begging to let go as Davin drags him by his hair. The basement is more like a storage house for liquor and I'm sure somewhere here there will be secret stashes of guns and white powder. Why would he run of to here anyway, he surely didn't plan on dyeing from drinking did he? Sure, would be less painful death.

'Karim, Karim, Karim I was ordered to shoot you, thrice, one in the throat, another in heart and the last one where it would be most painful, you know, the thing men love the most. But I feel like doing it the old way today, the way kings used to have traitors head on the spike and then used to put it on the city walls to make sure others realised the price of treason, for the world to see.'

'No, no, Damon we used to be friends remember, I used to have your back. I made a mistake, I wasn't thinking, we can talk this over. Please please leave me please, I'm sorry.'

'Yes, you used to have my back until you decided to stab it, by mingling with the enemies, you decided to deceive us. Once a traitor always a traitor. How can you not think for a year, were you that blinded by money and shit that you couldn't see past it. Well good for you because this is end of your existence.'

I took out the dagger from back and sliced his throat open while he withered pleading for mercy, the blood gushed out of his vessel spluttering like a fountain as he tried stopping it by covering his neck with his hands but within seconds his body became limp and as Davin pulled his hands from his hair, his body fell on the floor lifeless.

'Seize the property and gather the bodies, you know what to do with them, right.'

'Yes sir'

The house was isolated from the city so the police would not be a problem.

'What about Karim's daughter and wife? Where are they?'

'They were hiding in the bedroom on the second floor, what do you want us to do with them?'

'Nothing, I'll take care of it.'

Layla what has he done.

Chapter 2 - Caelestis