The Battles We Fight and The Battles We Lost

Soundtrack: Gregor Alan Isakov- If I Go,Im Going

Third Person POV:

"Mom want to make a bet for 20 bucks?"

"Go ahead"

"If I made 5 strikes out of 10 pitch I'll win if you could make 3 strikes out of 10 pitch  you win how about that?"

"Sounds like a deal to me"

Chaeyoung snorted as she watched her son prepare for an incoming pitch from the whirling ball pitch machine.Daniel prepares his stance,steadied his grip on the bat and evened his breath as he wait for the incoming hurls of balls on his way.

He took the first swing and missed it.

Strike on the second and third.

Miss the fourth.

Striked the fifth and missed all the way to the sixth and 10th ball.

Daniel threw the bat begrudgingly in frustration and unclasped his baseball helmet.On the other hand Chaeyoung was internally smirking.

"That sucks" Daniels said as he readied himself and operate that whirling pitch machine.On the other hand Chaeyoung picked out the helmet and bat that his son left on the ground.She made a few rehearsed swings and signalled his son to operate the machine.

Chaeyoung kept a keen eye to the machine.The machine began to hurl balls towards her.

Chaeyoung missed the first and second pitch that caused Daniel to errupt in fits of giggle.Feeling insulted Chaeyoung grip the ball tighter and steadied her breathing.

She perfectly hit the third up until the 10th ball, Daniel bulge his eyes out his mouth went agape while Chaeyoung smugly strike a pose.

"Don't judge a book by its cover" Chaeyoung said as she went close to his son with a smug grin on her face.

"Damn" Daniel said as he lifelessly fished out his maroon colored wallet and retrieve a nice crisp 20 dollar bill and give it to her smug looking mother.

"You just earned me 5 rounds of pints of beer at boulevard" She said as she crisply stretch the said dollar bill insultingly infront of his seemingly pissed eldest son.

"Damn mom how the hell did you do that?"

"I won't be Ms.pitch perfect for nothing?"

"You what?"

"I said I won't be ms.pitch perfect for nothing. Didn't you know that your great mom here is Alabama  Middleton Highschool Panthers  pitch perfect legend.On that note I made it to interstate on the way to the finals"

"Are you kidding me?"

"You see and witnessed it with your own eyes suck ass loser do you think that was a joke?"

Daniel annoyingly made an eyeroll while Chaeyoung sweetly sing to the tune of sweet home alabama that further annoyed his son.Yes people, Son Chaeyoung grew up in Alabama with her family while his father served in  U.S marines and moved to their native land in South Korea when her dad retired the military service.She was accepted in Boston University and settled here when she and Mina found a job.

"Shit you out smarted me mom, you brought me here inside this batting cage to flaunt your 'ms.perfect pitch' and rub it right infront of my face and knowing you knowing me I'll make a bet out of this shit you are really a Son blood afterall"

Daniel said qouting the words on air and chuckled as he realized that her mother tricked and out smarted him again.

"I ain't be a smart architect for nothin"