Chapter 11 | Lost and Found

Sigan Lee waited at Toms mansion. Vi was cooking something up in the kitchen. The doctor was rather confused why Tom had not arrived home yet. Apparently according to Vi he had just gone out for a ride, but Lee had a hypothesis about this murder. This unexpected, weird, and dreamlike murder where nothing seemed real. It was like walking through a dream and everything went unusually smoothly. Except when Colin trotted down the side of the road on the great bay he had ridden a day earlier in the chase for Vi. (It was the next day, and Tom was still crashed against the tree. He was knocked out extremely nicely).

"Uncle Tom...?" Stammer Colin. He had just started walking when he came across a car smashed into a tree. The nose was all crunched in on its blue self and the Ford™ logo was flatted against the hood. Shattered on Tom's face was all the glass that made up the windshield. The poor mans face was cut and scraped all over and he seemed as if he was sleeping. However, his breath was so low that it was impossible to tell if he was dead or alive.

"Uncle is that you?" Tying the bay to a tree Colin cautiously stepped over to the wreck and took a look at his uncle. The face of his sleeping uncle moved subtly from the chair and his eyes slowly blinked open.

"C-c-colin? My boy!" At this Tom jumped up from the chair, all the shattered glass rolling onto his lap. "What happened to me?"

"Uncle it looks as though you were in a car accident? I don't have a clue how it happened but you are loosing too much blood, and sadly you car looks unrepairable. Get on my horse and slide onto his back, then hang onto me. I'll see if we can get you home as fast as we can, and then to the hospital." Tom looked aghast. (Though it has not been mentioned, the wedding was tomorrow).

"But, the wedding is tomorrow! I can't be in the hospital!"

"Hopefully it is nothing big, but it doesn't hurt to check." Then, a reluctant Tom Lauren laboring tossed his body up on the back of the horse, and held tight to his nephew as the two galloped home.