Dare to Date the Geek - Part 4: The Geek's Comeback

Part 4: The Geek’s Comeback

Eunji POV

It has been five years after I met Kim Myungsoo and now I’m standing in front of his house. He invited me for lunch today to which he’ll be personally preparing. He really loves to cook.

“Hey Myung-ie… I’m in front of your house already. Hurry up and open the door. You know I hate waiting.” I said through my phone. I don’t really have the guts to shout so I called him using my phone.

“Yeah…Yeah… I’m coming.” He answered back then he hung up.

Just right after that, the door wide opened and saw him smilingly welcoming me to his house.

“You finally arrived, young miss.” He bowed and led the way inside his house. Funny, he’s acting like a butler.

“Stop that Myung~ it’s freaking me out seriously. Haha…” I slapped his arm. He’s such a cool guy.

“As you wish miss…” he nodded and answered me still acting like a butler. The moment he stopped his act, we both laugh.

“Where are your parents? Looks like they’re not home this time.” I asked as I comfortably sat on the couch.

“They went back to the U.S. last weekend. I forgot to mention it to you. Hehe…” he said with his hands in his pockets. I nodded in return.

“Oh! I’m still cooking something in the kitchen. I need to check for it first.” He said and went straight to the kitchen. I stood up and followed him behind.

“Hmm… I want to borrow your guitar Myung.” I asked.

“It’s in my room. You know where. Just get it upstairs.” He answered while he’s still busy cooking.

I left him in the kitchen and went upstairs in his room. Since I often come here, I already know which one is his room. I immediately saw his guitar at the side of his bed and merrily get it. I learned how to play it with the help of Myungsoo, of course.

When I was about to step outside of his room, I heard a familiar voice. I didn’t make a step and just stood still then I sneakily peeked out.

“Myungsoo have you seen the book that I was reading yesterday?” the guy with a familiar voice who’s now back facing me asked Myungsoo.

“I haven’t seen it Hyung!” Myungsoo shouted from the kitchen. The guy then turned his back. O.o

It’s Kim Sunggyu! I gasped in surprise. He went straight to the room next door and shut it closed. What is he doing here? I closed Myungsoo’s door and I slowly take my step backwards until I reached his bed and slumped down.

The door suddenly opened. I felt my heart beating way faster when it creaked open and let out a sigh of relief when Myungsoo came in.

“I’m done cooking. Come on, let’s eat first.” He smiled.

“Myungsoo wait!” he was about to get out of the room but I stopped him.

“What?” he turned to face me again.

“D-do you have a brother?” I asked with a hint of nervousness on my voice.

“Oh… yeah! Haha… I didn’t mention this to you before since my parents didn’t want me to talk about him to other people. Well, he just got back from the U.S. yesterday and he’ll be staying with me from now on.” He shrugged.

“I’m going to introduce you to him so get up from my bed and let’s go.” He enthusiastically said and helped me get up from bed.

“I can’t.” I lightly shook my head. I’m not ready to face him. It’s hard to admit but I still haven’t got over him yet.