the elephant in the room

franny's pov

to be honest, every since that movie/date night, me and kian have been very awkward. well, maybe just me. every night since that night, i've been trying my best to avoid him and not speak to him often. so, it's a possibility that i'm causing this 'awkwardness' thing. but, i just don't know what i'm supposed to do? talk to him and act as if we're bestfriends, or even lovers? yeah, i'll pass.

i go downstairs to get my breakfast. as soon as i've gotten the waffles out of the freezer, i'm met with kian's face. i gasp in shock, while he's just grinning from ear to ear. that makes me smile a bit too, because his smile is just too contagious.

"whatcha makin'?" he questions, making a 'popping' noise with his mouth after he's finished his sentence. "waffles. that's all i ever eat, am i right?" i chuckle and he just keeps on smiling. that boy and his smiles.. it's gonna be the end of me, i swear.

once i'm finished making us waffles, we both go sit down on the stools. suddenly, he asks me something. something i've been trying to avoid answering.

"so, why have you been ignoring me? and, like, avoiding me?" he asks, sadness immediately showing through his eyes. "uhh, well that's an easy question.." i stutter. how can i save myself this time? ugghhhh. after a few seconds of silence, amusement flashing through his cute, almost hazel eyes. i love those eyes.

"cat got your tounge?" he whispers, while latching his hands onto my waist, and pulling me closer into him. he whispers into my ear, "don't avoid me, no matter what. i'll never force you to do something you don't want to do.." he whispers that so soft, that i barely recognize his voice.

"o-ok.." is all i manage to get out.. man, that boy has a way with words. b-but, he's got a girlfriend.

"k-kian" i stutter & ask. i've been dying to ask him this question. this is a terrible time to ask, but i need to know.. "yeah?" he answers.

"why do you shave your hair?" i ask, wonder taking over my voice. i've been wondering this entire time, because his hair is so cute and fluffy, then he just shaves it off, as if it's nothing. his hair is truly beautiful when it's long.

"well, beautiful, that's for me to know, and you to find out. soon or later, i'll tell you." he says, and adds a wink. although his words come out playful, i can see the dullness in his eyes. he's sad. and it's from me asking this question. i mentally roll my eyes at myself. (weird, but i do that in real life, like, all the time.. oops?)

end of the day

i soon fall asleep listening to music. but before i'm asleep, i, of course, overthink everything.

thank you for reading this chapter ;) i truly love what i do, and now i have a fanbase, that's amazing.

xoxo,

gossip girl ;)