Chapter Seventeen: Searching

My nervous hiccups begin to fill the room as I search frantically for Kim. I blindly crawl across the floor feeling around me for anything living. "Kim!" I scream as I sweep my hands across the floor in front of me.

I sit up and listen for any movement or answer. When I hear nothing, I continue my search in my bedroom. My hand suddenly meets a warm surface. Using both of my hands, i reach to find a face, I find it and recoil when i touch somethings slimy.

" Dominick move!" I yell at him and step over his sleeping lump of a body. I wipe his drool on my jeans and keep searching. Moving towards the wall near the door of my bedroom, I find the light switch and flick it on.

No lights flicker on and I am still all alone in the dark. I slowly stand up and open my bedroom door. Slipping out into the hallway, I find that the lights are off. My eyes are slowly adjusting to the darkness, so I decide to venture down the stairs.

I walk down the hallway close to the left wall just to make sure I don't trip on anything. I reach the stairs and grip the banister tightly. Slowly I make my way down the stairs one step at a time. Near the bottom of the staircase, I take too big of a step and miss the next step down.

Instead of landing on the next step, I loose my footing and fall down on my butt.I slide down the rest of the steps and land on the first floor with a 'thump'.

"Good lord!" I groan as I slowly stand up. Opening my eyes, I see that downstairs is the same as upstairs, completely dark. I feel my way to the living room and search the ground for the remote. When I find it, I blindly try to find the power button.

I push all of the buttons on the remote, and still the T.V. stays off. I chuck the remote down onto the couch, but I hear it land on the floor instead. I think nothing of it and head to the wall where the television is mounted. I feel along the wall for the picture of my family because i know the house's power breaker is behind it.

My fingers suddenly slip behind a cool surface. I slowly move my fingers up towards the top of the picture to take it off of the nail. I slip it off of the nail and set it on the ground. I reach for the lever that opens the breaker box and open it.

I switch all of the switches the opposite way and the house slowly fills with light once again. I congratulate myself before turning around, but what I see isn't normal.

Not one piece of furniture is in it's normal spot. The couches are all flipped and strewn across the floor, the rug is upside down and the coffee table is standing on three legs in the hallway.

I try to flip a couch back, but it is way too heavy to even move, so I settle on putting the rug and coffee table back to their original spots in the room.

Walking out of the destroyed room, I run back upstairs. My house is much less creepy when it is lit up and i feel more comfortable looking for Kim in the light. I decide to start back in my room just in case I missed any spots that she cold have been in.

i refuse to believe that she is no longer in the house and is just hiding from me. Somehow I know that what I am thinking isn't true at all. I reach my room and immediately start looking. I look in my closet, under my bed, and even in the bathroom. But still, Kim is nowhere to be found!

I think of one last place to look and run out of my room and ran up the stairs up to the third level. I wander to the back of the hallway and find the attic string. I tug it and he stairs pop out. I climb up them and into the attic. It is dark, and I can barely see. But some light from downstairs filters in making the attic filled with dim light.

Even from just looking from the front of the attic I can tell no one is up here. Disappointed and sad, I climb down the stairs and push them back up into the ceiling. I slide down the stair's banister and walk to my room.

Dominick is still laying on the floor in the exact same place i left I'm half an hour ago. I flop down on my bed and let a small tear fall down my face. My friend disappeared, and it was my fault. If I had never went into the attic and found the locket, none of this would have happened.

I flipped over onto my back and sat up. What made this whole situation worse was that tomorrow was the first day of school, and one student would be missing.

I made my mind up right there, I was going to find the locket and Kim so I could fix this whole mess I got myself into.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

OOOOOOO!

Picture of what Kimmwould look like!

Please comment and tell me if you like this chapter!

Vote too!

-Erica