The First King - Part Two

I silently exit my room with her.

"Will Steve approve of this?" I asked her quietly. She rolled her eyes.

"My father doesn't let me talk to guys, let alone go out with them." Nori said.

We walked outside the door into the streets. It was cool out. The moon was risen high with the stars. Most of the lights were out, except a few streetlamps swaying in the breeze.

She started to run, and motioned with her hand for me to do the same.

We ran to the beach. There was a small boat waiting in the shore. A young man with short, blond hair was siting on the edge, having a fag.

"Felix! I thought you quit smoking!" Nori yelled at him.

His head spun around to us. He had brown eyes, and he had a horizontal scar across his nose. He was wearing a black hooded vest over a shaggy long-sleeved, dark-brown V-neck shirt, with black pants. The ankles of his pants were wet and speckled with sand. He was barefoot.

"I thought you stopped being stupid, but I too was mistaken." He replied in a strange accent. Nori climbed into the boat.

"Oh shut up." she replied.

"Make me." He shot back.

She started to lean into him, and with wide eyes he leaned backwards, until he fell off the back of the boat, splashing into the water. Nori giggled under her hand.

Felix surfaced and angrily threw his ruined fag away.

"You know, I don't have to put up with this." He said.

"You will" she replied. She looked at me, as if she suddenly remembered I was there.

"Felix, this is Harold. He's from Norge. Harold, meet Felix. He's an idiot from Sverige." She said.

"Hey." I greeted him.

"'Sup?" He said.

Uhhh...What..?

"You climbing in, or what?" He asked, standing up on the wet sand. I shrugged, and sat in the second bench behind Nori.

"Oui! That's my seat, unless you know how to work a boat?" Felix asked jokingly.

"I'll leave that to you." I replied.

"Then scootch!" He said.

I moved up, next to Nori on the left of her.

Felix started to push the boat from behind into the water, when we heard someone call Felix from down the shore.

We looked up to see a girl with dark, brown hair, in a black hoodie with jean shorts and pink sandals in hand, running up to us.

"S-sorry I'm late guys, my mom was up late and took forever to fall asleep." She explained.

"Dana, you can't just be late like this! Last time, you had to swim up to the boat and scared the living heck out of us!" Nori scolded her.

"The look on your faces was priceless, though." Dana said.

"Hurry up, I don't want us to be late again!" Felix complained.

"Yeah yeah yeah, whatever." She said.

She sat in between us. Feliex pushed the boat into the water and jumped in, starting to row us.

"Dana, this is Harold. Harold, this is my old friend." Nori introduced us.

"Hi." She said with a smile.