Chapter 9

Hi Wattpadians!!

VOTE!!

FAN!!

COMMENT!!

LIKE!!

AND ENJOY!!

***************************

Chapter 10

(Nic's POV)

Entering the house as quietly as I can, I made my way to my room. The house held an eerie atmosphere, despite the fact that the place was spotless, not an ornament out of place, even the damned pot plants were perfect.

The place was cold, always damned cold, when I was little I would switch on every light around the house in hopes that it would chase way all the monsters hiding in the shadows and create the same warm feeling that I felt when looking at the glossy pages of my mother’s Home magazines.

But as the years went by I realised it wouldn’t matter how many lights were on, this place would never hold a semblance of warmth or safety, because the people who occupied it held none.

I was about to move up the stair when a voice spoke from the shadows, “Well, well, I see you’ve finally decided to grace us with your presence.”

Christ, here we go again.

“Mother not tonight, go get some rest it’s late,” turning my head to her shadowy from as she stepped into the light.

“What have I told you about calling me that? I might have given birth to you but that...THAT does not make me your mother,” anger and resentment came off her in waves as did the strong smell of whiskey.

Nothing new there, she’s been drinking again. Where the fuck did she get her hands on it this time?

“Yes, you’re just oozing with warmth. Let’s get you to bed shall we,” grabbing hold of her arm I start to guide her to her room.

But she was not having any of that, she slipped from my grip, all warning I had was the vicious tinkle of ice cubes and the splash of whisky before her hand came in contact of my cheek.

She was a strong women, the force of the slap made me take a few steps back.

“Jesus, look at what you made me do.” her words slurring together as she pointed a manicured finger at me, before regaining her balance.

Taking a breath I grab her arm once again, this time making sure she kept her damned craws to herself.

“Let go of me, don’t you dare treat me like a child,” she started struggling one more.

“Where did you find the whiskey? I thought I had them all removed.”

“Oh please, you should know by now mother-dearest ALWAYS gets her way,” tuning to look me directly in the eye.

“So much like your father,” she took advantage of my distraction raising one had to gently stroke it down my stinging cheek, “I should have killed you when you were a pup,” she whispered.

Her half crazed eyes stared back at me, glazed over from the large amount of alcohol, but hatred and disgust were just below the surface.

“I’m sure that would give you pleasure to no end, but not tonight. Now, let’s get you to bed,” firmly guiding her down the hall to her room.