Chapter 28

A Q U A R I U S

The day of war everyone was nervous

The day of war everyone was nervous. In each unit there were 75 members. The rest of the men and women stayed back to protect the pack in case of any surprise attacks while we were gone.

I was with Vincent in unit two, we would retrieve the 15 people and send them back here, then help the rest in fighting.

There were estimated to be about 166 hunters, give or take.

"Okay everyone! I thank you today for standing by your pack. We do this for our loved ones, family, and pride. As a family we stand as one! Now let us go protect what our ancestors fought so hard for to make it as it is today!"

Yelled Vincent who walked down the stage as claps and cheers rang through the air.

Some shifted while some prepared their weapon. I had four daggers, two guns, a taser, and some pepper spray.

"You ready, my love?"

Said Vincent as we prepared for battle. I nodded and kissed him on the mouth.

I had promised myself that I would avoid injury to my stomach at all cost. I could not tell if I was pregnant or not, but I did not want to risk the conception if I was.

"Let's go men!"

Yelled Vincent. Everyone ran to their assigned groups and left in different areas of the forest. I was hoping my combat training in these past months paid off because I was extremely nervous. I had my magic and human weapons, but still. This was totally different than fighting a shark or large fish.

Vincent ran in wolf form leading the group. I stayed in the back jogging along.

In total it took us 45 minutes, but I told myself I could not be tired. We still had a long way ahead of us.

When we got to where we could see the building, Michaels group was already fighting. We saw a man be thrown from the building and had guess Kyle's group was doing their job already as well too. I could see some wolves lying on the floor and made a quick prayer for them and prayed not too many were lost tonight. The building was on top of a cliff looking towards the ocean. It was a beautiful location, but the dark building killed it.

Slowly we made our way to the house and went inside.

Bodies laid all over the floor, blood all over the walls, and some limbs away from bodies. It was a total wreck.

Snarls and gunshots were heard everywhere, and Vincent shifted back and pulled on a pair of pants.

"Okay, this half go help Kyle's men, the other half follow me."

They all nodded and left to do as they were told. We were going to make our way down to the basement when a body fell from the third floor.

It was a hunter, and his chest and face were mangled up, he was missing his right arm, and his upper legs were torn to pieces.

"Holy hell...."

Said Vincent looking scared. I knew exactly who did that and did not care that much. I turned and smiled.

"I told you Mish were nothing to fuck with."

He gulped and nodded, still looking pale. I jumped as a loud sound was heard and another body dropped from the third floor.

"Asshole!"

Shrieked a voice only a mer and now Vincent could understand. There stood a bloody Morrisey, in his true form. His claws were about 5 inches long each, he had sharp shark like teeth, and a muscular build. I know he was in his defense form because usually Mish were slender and sleek. He was looking like the hulk right now. He looked up and saw and smiled or tried to smile but his teeth made him look threatening.

"Hey guys!"

He said shifting back, blushing when he was nude. Someone threw a pair of pants at him and he thanked them, putting them on fast.

"Come on! We have no time to waste."

Said Vincent. I nodded and Morrisey followed us, apparently now part of our group.

The basement stunk and was full of mold and rats. I could see some wolves gagging and covering their nose.

When we got to the bottom, we were shocked to see no one here. We walked down and investigated each jail and sighed in relief when we saw the two mated couple shivering in the corner of the cell. The man had the women behind him and seemed on high alert. You could tell he had not slept in a day or two, but he was determined to protect his mate. When he saw us, he slouched in relief?

"Alpha!"

He said happily. Vincent let his men pick the lock and swung the door opened, helping them up. A blanket was put around them and water was given as well.

"Where are the children?"

Asked Vincent. The man sighed and looked down.

"They took them to the hospital or laboratory. Something about experiments I do not know. Meredith and I were deemed too old, so they locked us down here and were going to sell us off or kill us."

Said the man. Vincent nodded and told five men to escort them back home. The remaining 45 of us went and searched for the hospital wing.

"Use your nose men, smell out your pack members and family."

Said Vincent. I used my powers to see if I could detect a young life source anywhere. I almost gave up and then felt it when we walked along the hallway on the first floor.

"Upstairs! I felt something right above us!"

I said making all of us rush up the stairs. I guess they smelt them too because the men knew exactly where to go. When we reached big metal doors a giant lock was on.

One of the men took bolt cutters and got to work on the lock, breaking it in no time. When we rushed to them room, we were shocked at what we saw.

The children were all tied to the beds, some awake and some asleep. The ones awake cried with joy when they saw us. I and some men quickly got to work untying them and waking up the sleeping ones who cried themselves to sleep.

"Did they do anything to you guys?"

I asked a young girl who had to be 15. She nodded and started to cry.

"They Just kept cutting us and seeing how long it took to heal, they used wolfsbane on the stronger ones. You came just in time because they were going to start something new."

She said. I nodded and handed her to a warrior who took no time getting her out of here. I turned around to Vincent who went to go say something but quickly dove and tackled me to the floor. As that happened a gun shot went off.

"Damn wolves..."

A menacing voice said as our men growled and got ready for a fight.

EDITED 11/12/20