From Maggie May to Penny Lane

This is a story of two sisters, Maggie May and Penny Lane, who've lost almost all their loved ones except for their fathers parents. Maggie, the older sister, leaves her home in Edinburgh for a flat in Bayswater, London so that her little sister, Penny, can finish her education at the pretentious, snobby, aristocratic school (Cossling Academy) that her mother attended (they're half-sisters). To keep on top of bills, Maggie gets a job for the new Music teacher and choir coach and inspires the kids in the choir to be more than what the faculty expect. Tradition, class and pomp. she nurtures their talents and helps them to grow more confident and stand up to those who would ignore or bully them. This becomes increasingly harder for Maggie when she has also to appear strong when her sister is diagnosed with Leukaemia. Penny doesn't have much time left and Maggie does all within her power to help Penny live as much of life she can with the little time she has left, so they start a bucket list. They go through a lot of ups and downs, doing things they'd never done before whilst Maggie still skirts around the school rules, attempting not to cross the line so she can keep her well paid job and do all the things Penny wants to do. They start simple. Get a pet, guitar lessons, learn to ski. sky diving, trips to America and elsewhere. Maggie is fortunate, when Penny's end comes, to have her grandparents and the one teacher to befriend and fall for him - Jason Cooper - by her side when she needs them. (sorry for prattling on forever XD )