Interview with - Airambooksie

One of the many people who supported me and my petition was Airambooksie and so I would like all of you to have a chance to meet this fantastic person too! A fellow writer of mature work she is well worth checking out!

Could you tell me a little bit about you?

My pen name on Wattpad is Airambooksie.  Airam is Maria backwards and Booksie is another writing site which I use. Members from that site asked me join Wattpad so I used the name to help them find me easily.

I am 38, single, white, female and live in the UK. I have two cats called Jangles and Maud. I come from a huge family of English, Irish and Scottish heritage.

I've been writing since late 2010 and began to post my work online so I could get feedback. I was well prepared for people to say "Rubbish! Boo! Get Off!" but they actually liked it and asked for more. I was gobsmacked.

I work in Government Education as a Manager for Digitalised Online Learning Platforms and E-learning tools. I also work in the Music and Entertainment Industry as an Events/Stage Manager for festivals a couple of times a year. I used to worth with the Coventry Specials (Ska band who had hits like Ghost Town in the 80’s). I am a qualified Studio Technician and Producer but can’t play any musical instruments. I can write lyrics, poems, short stories, plays and produce music videos etc. I’m not very good at photography or drawing.

 I’ve been described as witty, tenacious, good sense of humour, dirty laugh and a winning smile. I never take life to seriously which means I am not afraid to get up and make a fool of myself on the Xbox singing and dancing around like an X Factor reject.

I sometimes make birthday cakes for parties (not professional as you can see) e.g. Breaking Dawn, Volturi Ginger Bread men, Dragons, Dolls, anniversary cakes and even made a snow woman last time it snowed. (She was called Cilla)

What Genre’s do you like to Read/Write?

I find myself drawn to Romance/Paranormal/Fiction and the usual vampire/werewolf stuff. I need my fix of lusty moments like any other red blooded female. That doesn’t make me a perv it makes me human!

Why do you enjoy using Wattpad and do you promote your work on other sites?

Why do I enjoy using Wattpad? I enjoy Wattpad as it is a community of readers and writers. I like being able to use the app on my phone whilst commuting to work, during lunch or to pass time in waiting rooms. I can answer emails and interact more with other readers and writers. It is even linked to my facebook!

The help section is quick and efficient. I just wish other sites would take a leaf out of their book when dealing with users. I love that Wattpad are using ‘Meet up’ where members get to meet face to face and it is a great opportunity for Wattpad to gain user feedback on any developmental changes they are planning to make on the site.

Other places I promote my work: The only other site I post on at the moment is Booksie. I used to post on Authonomy, Webook, Mibba, Quizilla, Fanfiction.net, Wordpress, Stumbleupon etc but have deleted them all. I also use my Facebook account and fan page daily, along side Twitter to promote my work. https://www.facebook.com/airambooksie and I am one of the admins for this facebook group called ‘Wattpad Restricted’ which is for RRated writers to post links to their work. https://www.facebook.com/groups/209877375779733/

I received my offers of publication by using those sites, building up a fan base with lots of reads and positive comments etc which showed publishers that my writing was popular with online readers. They contacted me. I didn’t have to send my novels out and hunt them down which proves it is worth using those sites as a platform to get your work noticed.