iii

CHAPTER THREE: OFFICIAL MEETING

' but if it helps, you don't suck like
most people do.'

OPHELIA PROPPED HER HEAD in her hand as she stared at the happy couple in a booth in front of her

OPHELIA PROPPED HER HEAD in her hand as she stared at the happy couple in a booth in front of her. They looked so happy; his head was on hers, occasionally pecking her blonde hair, causing her to let out content giggle, snuggling more into his shoulder.

As much as the infamous girl hated to admit it, she actually wished and longed for a relationship like that. A relationship where she could trust them, for them to always have her back, to not judge or leave when stuff gets too hard. She's already gone through that enough already. But she hated the fact that she even wanted someone to stand by her side because why do you need a person when you have yourself? If you have yourself, then you don't get hurt or backstabbed.

She tore her tired eyes away from the couple when a person plopped into the spot in front of her, a nervous smile on their lips. And when her dark eyes finally focused on their face, she saw that it was a person that she really didn't want to meet right now.

Embry Call. One of the plenty of Uley's bitches.

She felt her once relaxed features, turn to a hardened facade. She looked over her shoulder, expecting to see the rest of the huge boys behind her, intently watching. But instead her eyes were greeted with empty booths and a waitress mopping the floors.

She looked back at him, her jaw clenched in annoyance. "Okay, Call. What do you want that makes you sit with the psycho of the town?" She stared at him, and hummed when he didn't say an answer. The noice snapped him out of his daze and he looked down, clearing his throat.

"You know my name?"

She rose an eyebrow. "Why the fuck wouldn't I? Just because my dumbass brother Kai completely abandoned me doesn't mean that I can't butt into his life." She brought her coffee cup to her lips as she watched Embry. But there was something in his eyes. Lust? Interest? Love...? She clasped her hands together and rested her head tiredly in them. "Okay, so what do you want?"

"Um, I-I was wondering i-if you wanted to go on a d-date with me?"

'Oh no. I'm going to have to reject him.' She let a huff leave her red stained lips as she looked down at her lap before she let her eyes meet his, frowning even more when she saw the nervousness in them. 'I can't lead him on. Even Vee wouldn't do that.'

"Look, Embry. You're a nice guy, I've seen that at school." She watched as she saw all the little bits of confidence drain from his face, "But I barley know ya, and I'm not really looking for a relationship right now. I'm really sorry. But if it helps, you don't suck like most people do," 'God, Ophelia. He's getting rejected and you're saying that now?'

"O-oh, that's cool. Guess I'll see you around." He muttered before quickly getting out of the booth, and ran out the door before she could even process his words. But when she did—guilt and regret sunk down on her chest. But she shook her head as if she was trying to get the feeling out of her. 'God, Ophelia. You almost gave a fuck. Quit being weak.'

★⌒☆⌒

Ophelia twirled Venus' electric blue hair around her fingers as her eccentric friend laid her head on the dark-haired girl's lap. Ophelia had her back leaning against the wall next to her bed, watching as Vee's wild and thick hair wrapped around her fingers like Ophelia's magic did. That's the other important reason why she rejected Embry earlier, because how can she know if she can trust him? She can't hide that from him like she's doing with Vee.

"So what happened with you today?" Venus rolled over onto her side, her cheek pressing against her best friend's thigh as she peered up at her with eyes that showed how hyper and wild she was. Ophelia avoided her eyes as she nibbled on her lip. "Come on, Jackson. I know when you're hiding something~" she poked Ophelia in the stomach causing the witch to let out a small giggle as she poked her again. "Tell me!"

"I will if you quit that." She grumbled. She looked down and played with Vee's hair more. "Embry Call asked me out today."

"What?!" Venus screeched as she shot up. "Are you fucking kidding me? Please say that you said yes," that made Ophelia feel even more guilty and shameful when she muttered 'no'. "Damn, Lia! Does he have a kink or fetish that you don't like?"

Ophelia shook her head and clutched the bridge of her nose. "Oh my god, Vee. No, he does not have a kink or fetish.....that I know of," the illusionist threw her hands up. "But come on! I barely know the guy, and I just don't want to get into a relationship right now." She muttered the last few words while looking down. She heard her sigh as stared down at her hands.

"Look, Ophelia," her using the magical girl's full name made her look up. "I want you to be happy, okay? I want you to be with a good guy, and Embry Call is a good guy. I'm not forcing you, but I'm just saying to get to know him, and then see what your crazy little head thinks, 'kay?" She begrudgingly nodded as she rolled her eyes.

"Fine. But don't expect me to change my mind about him."

      ⌒★⌒☆

Hello, my fellow readers. I'm in a very depressed mood right now because I just read Lonely Roads by @brokenpausebutton, and it was AMAZING AND THE ENDING WAS SO SO SAD AND I LITERALLY CRIED. But you guys should check it out! It's a Dallas Winston fanfic. And if you don't know who that is, it's a character from a very popular movie and novel called The Outsiders.

I'm really sorry for the wait though!