Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Louis' POV

I know this is a crazy thing to be doing, but he just has this magnetism.. Like, you can't get enough of him. I went and bought one of those prepaid phones from the store so that we can talk. Niall can't know about this. If he does, I don't even want to think what he'll do. 

He was about to get off work, so I have around twenty minutes by myself depending on traffic. I pulled out the phone and slowly dialed his number. 

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's me. I got that phone you suggested."

"Great. Now we can talk, right?" 

"Yeah," 

"So, what are you doing?"

"Waiting for Niall to get home from work." 

"Oh," I heard the sadness in his voice.

"Yeah, well.. I just wanted to see if the phone worked.. So, I'll see ya around." 

"Okay. I'm glad you called though. Bye Lou."

"Bye." I hung up as Niall walked through the door.

He walked over and kissed me on the cheek, "How was your day?" 

"Boring, but I did a little grocery shopping." 

"Cool, who was on the phone?" 

"Work," I lied, "This new program is driving me crazy." 

"Well, since I've got tomorrow off... Why don't I cook dinner and we can have movie night." 

I smiled, "That sounds wonderful." 

Everything feels off now. The way I feel towards Niall is changing, I know it is. I still love him, but I don't know how to put it into words. That's what Harry does though. He manipulates my mind and I don't know why it's so easy for him to. 

"Lou, is spaghetti okay?" Niall called out. 

"Yeah, it sounds great." 

Niall made dinner while I picked out some movies. I didn't want to watch movies or eat spaghetti.. I just want to know why Harry is out of prison and how he found me. Yes, he's told me all of that. I just feel like he's not telling me something. I want an explanation of why he chose me. 

"This is almost ready." 

"Okay." 

I made my way into the kitchen, trying to make it seem like I actually cared. Well, of course I care.. but everything's not about Niall. 

We ate in mostly silence. I complemented his cooking. I could tell that he knew something was up, but he couldn't know. I can't ever know. After dinner, he went to the living room while I cleaned up. He was sitting at one end of the couch and I sat on the other. He ended up changing the movie I picked out and we watched some messed up movie about killer clowns. 

"Why are you all the way over there?" Niall asked in his "cute" voice.

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know."

"We always cuddle when we watch movies." He kept on. 

"Yeah, I know. I just don't feel like it tonight." I tried not to look at him, but failed. 

"Everything okay?" He inched his way across the couch.

"Yeah, work is crazy." I lied. 

"You're a teacher, Lou. Of course work is going to be crazy.. You knew that when you started studying." 

I nodded, "I've just been stressed out lately. I think it's that new program they started."

He paused the movie, "Well, I'd love to hear all about it." 

"No," I hesitated, "It's not that interesting." 

"If it's keeping my Lou-bear from cuddling, it's gotta be something big." He laid his head in my lap. 

"Do you ever think about that day?" I asked.

He sat up, "I knew it wasn't work."

I faked a smile, "But do you?"

"I try not to, but it does pass my mind sometimes." 

"I just miss her so much, you know? I still feel like it's my fault." 

"No, don't say that. You didn't do anything," 

"I know, and that's the problem. I could've stopped him. I could've saved her life, but I didn't and that's something I'm going to regret for the rest of my life." 

He kissed my cheek, "You shouldn't think like that. He got what he deserved. He won't hurt you now and I know that for a fact." 

"What's that?" 

"Because you've got me." 

You're not doing much help now are you?