Chapter One

Chapter One

You know what I've learned as I've sat, rotting, in this jail cell?   

I don't regret it. I don't regret any of it. Yes, I killed an innocent girl, but she deserved it. Why, you may ask? I did it for Louis. I did it so Louis could be mine. I wanted Louis to be mine ever since the first time I saw him.

It was three months before I killed her. 

I was walking my normal route home from work. As I was passing the grocery store, I noticed a blonde sitting on the sidewalk. She seemed lonely, but that didn't mean I was going to talk to her. A few moments later a short, brown-haired boy stepped out from the store.

"Lottie, I got your damn tampons, now let's go. The least you could've done was go in there with me." The brown-haired lad said. I chuckled to myself at his statement to her. 

The girl, Lottie I assumed, and the brown-haired boy whose name I still didn't know, started walking in the opposite direction I was. As they were walking by me, my foot hit a rock, causing me to trip and run into the lad. He fell backwards and landed on his bum. Lottie was standing beside him laughing. I extended my hand to help him up, and that was when I got a good look at his face. He was beautiful. He had gorgeous blue eyes and a smile that could light up the room.

"Um, sorry mate. I tripped over a rock. Didn't mean to knock you down." I gave him a slight smile. 

He nodded and continued walking past me. I turned to see Lottie, who was staring at me. I felt a little weirded out by it, so I just walked in the other direction. I hoped for the longest time that it wouldn't be the last time I saw the brown-haired lad. 

"165998," The guard called out.

I sat up from the concrete slab they called a bed.

"Your probation officer is here to meet with you." He unlocked my cell and held up a pair of handcuffs. 

I held out my hands and he put them around my wrists, tightly. I followed the guard down the hall. Men shouted horrible things at me as I passed them. I kept my head down and ignored them. He led me into the visitation room. There was a lady sitting at the table. 

"Hello Mr. Styles." She said. 

I nodded. The guard undid the handcuffs and I sat down, "Hey." 

"My name's Alexandria Mokarem, but you can call me Lexie. I'm your probation officer." 

"Nice to meet you." I said with a monotone voice.

"I'm new at this, and you are my first client, so I'm a bit unorganized." She pulled out a stack of papers. 

I stayed silent as she sifted through the stack. Pictures of Lottie and Louis were scattered throughout the papers. One page stuck out to me. The page was filled with Louis' chicken scratch he called handwriting. 

"C-Can I see that?" 

"What? This?" She held up the piece of paper.

I nodded. She handed it to me. 

"Thanks," I glanced over the sheet. 

"What is this?"

"His accident report." 

I furrowed my eyebrows, "When did he fill this out?" 

She took the page from me, "October 2, 2013." 

I rubbed my eyes and propped my head on my hand. 

"What's wrong?" 

"That's two days after I took him.." 

"You shouldn't have done it." 

I slammed my hands down, "You think I don't know this?" I screamed, "I lost the best thing that had ever happened to me, just because his fucking sister got in the way." 

She just stared at me. Tears welled up in the corners of my eyes. 

"I-I'm sorry.." 

"Well, let's get this sorted out." She had a few pieces of paper in her hand. 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's so late.. I just really wanted to post this! Love you! xx