23. Invited

Allison

To be completely honest, this divorce was causing more stress on Mads than it was on me.

He was worried all through our lunch together, when he got home, as well as when we were reading in bed. I comforted him by allowing him to lay his head on my chest. As he read his book, I ran my fingers through his hair, my fingernails grazing his neck and scalp. He loves it when I do this.

Aburuptly after ten minutes of relaxing he closed his book and tossed it at the end of the bed. He moves away from me and stood up.
It was possible to laugh at the way he was looking, his hair was a mess and he was only in his boxers. He began to pace around our bed.

"It wasn't what it looked like," he says.

He's talking about Rebecca!

This is perfect! Although I feel bad for taking advantage of the situation I had figured out just exactly what I want. I knew he was still holding back and I hated that. He wouldn't hold back after what I had in store for him.

I raise an eyebrow. "What?" I play dumb.

He sighs and walks back around the bed to his side. He reaches out for me, taking my hands and pulling me to him.

"I love you," he says.

I nod. "I know. I love you too... whats wrong?" Again I play dumb

"It wasn't... she just was asking about the dinner, making sure it was okay with me. I swear-"

"Oh... is that why you're so worried?" I ask.

"I just..." he sighs and moves closer to me, pulling on my to move to the edge of the bed in front of him.

"I just love you and I don't want you to freak out over some misunderstanding. We've been fighting over everything and... I can't take it anymore!" He

"You love me a lot, don't you?"

He nods frantically. "More than you could imagine."

"And you'd do anything for me?" I ask.

His hands move to cup my face. "Absolutely, anything for you. I'd kill for you if you asked."

I felt the same way actually.

"Then could you do me a favor?" I ask.

He nods, paying close attention to my words.

"I think we've been substituting our feelings. Having sex whenever we fight instead of just talking. So I want us to be abstinent until our the wedding begins," I explain.

He stares at me as if I had spoken a different language to him.

"What?" He asks with a smile as if he heard a joke and couldn't believe it.

"No sex. Not until the engagement party at least. Thats an entire month away," I say.

He blinks a couple times before taking in a sharp breath.