My idea of a dinner and an unexpected Old freind. What a jerk! PREV

Chapter Three

“So this girl can travel into the Feudal Era as well? How strange.” Said Kagomes mother as we sat down in her dining room, around the small table. I laughed. “It seems strange to me too, but I guess I’ll get used to it.”  I laughed as we continued our conversation. In the corner, InuYasha pestered Buyo, hanging him upside down with one hand. Kagome sighed. “InuYasha, could you just leave poor Buyo alone? No wonder he doesn’t like you.”

InuYasha harrumphed. “Who said I wanted the dumb cat to like me. I’m hungry. Do you guys have any of that Ninja food with you?” I frowned at him, a bit confused, when Kagomes mom laughed. “I’m sorry, but I’m afraid we are all out of food. I was planning on going to the grocery store tomorrow, but if you like, I’ll go out and get some stuff for all of you, if you like.”

I laughed and shook my head. “Oh, that’s all right. I’ll take them out to dinner. My treat.” The mother looked at me for a moment and worriedly shook her head. “Oh no, you don’t—“ But I stood up and smiled at her. “Its alright. I got it covered. Just let me change into a cleaner shirt and we will leave.”

Everyone blinked at me, and I grabbed my bag and glanced at Kagome. “Where’s the bathroom?” Kagome got up and showed me. I quickly changed out of my shirt, and once again, we were off.