Chapter Twenty Five: Planning Freedom

I feel fingertips dancing up and down my side. Danny's chest is pressed up against my back, his face nuzzled into my hair.

We decided to stay at school, and we did, but afterwards, I followed him to his house so he could drop his truck off, and then we rode here.

We ditched his truck as an excuse for me to have to drive him home tonight.

I think my Dad is home because I keep hearing movement in the house. I don't really care if he's here though.

I roll over to face Danny. He smiles a little bit and reaches up to brush my hair out of my face.

"Talk to me." He whispers suddenly.

I peer into his eyes.

"About what?" I murmur.

"Anything. Us. I want to know what you want."

I smile a little bit. "In terms to what?"

He sighs.

"The future. Our lives. How fast do you want to take this from here?"

I reach out and brush my fingers down his cheek.

"I don't want to rush anything." I whisper softly. "We don't need to rush anything. We have our entire lives."

"Well how long do you want to wait?" He wonders.

Neither one of us are saying the word but we both know what we're talking about.

I sigh softly. "When it happens, it happens. We don't need to do things with society's timeline. We do things...when we're ready to do things...but we don't need to wait a long time either."

"So..." he trails off.

"No timeline." I murmur, sliding my fingers up and down his toned arms. "When it happens, it happens."

"And what about college? What if we have to go different places?"

"Not going to happen." I say. "We both have excellent grades. That's one thing I made sure of."

"Right, because before we knew you were moving, we were going to apply to the same colleges so we could be together."

I hum in agreement.

"So...if we get into separate colleges but only one college together, that's the one we accept...if that's what you want."

"That's what I want." He murmurs.

I know he really wants to know if I want this to be long term.

"And we need to have kids before thirty...or at least start. I think we get married in the mid twenties and have kids in the late twenties."

He grins.

"Okay."

I laugh a little bit.

"I don't know how many kids I want." I murmur. "But I want a bigger family, because mine is super small."

"Three or four?" He wonders.

"Yeah." I nod in agreement."And I want to live somewhere with snow so we can have pretty Christmas'. I mean, it's almost Christmas here and it doesn't feel like it."

"And...what about college and moving in together?"

I think about it for a moment.

"We could get an apartment or a little house while we're in college...unless we have to live on campus." I pause. "But I really don't want to go back to Maryland unless we're visiting. I'm sorry if you do, but after everything with my Mom..." I trail off. "That's not really something I'm interested in."