Chapter Twenty One: Absolutely Not

Hey guys, if you need a cover, I have a plug! Lol, it's rileyyyx so message her if you need one and she can hook you up!

*****

Chapter Twenty One: Absolutely Not

I stare at the wall. My bedroom light is on again and I can't think straight.

I'm in love with him.

I'm in love with the way his eyes light up when I walk into a room. I'm in love with his freckles and his smile and the crinkles by his eyes. I'm in love with the way he talks and walks. I'm in love with how protective and careful he is. I'm in love with how warm his hands are in mine. I'm in love with his hugs and his sense of humor, and even his music taste.

And I just feel happy and excited and scared.

How am I supposed to sleep? I want these next five hours to pass.

And then fear kicks in, because Danny rejected me.

What if, in the time it took for me to fall in love with him, he fell out of love with me?

And now I'm going to have to feel everything he felt. I'm going to have to be rejected and watch as he falls in love with somebody else.

My mind drifts to Crystal and anger boils in my chest.

Danny is a catch. He's kind and caring and loving and he deserves to be happy.

If being with Crystal or somebody else can make him happy, I'll shove my feelings aside.

I think about what I told him the night I left and I want to be sick.

How could I be so stupid?

I hear the back door open outside of my bedroom door and I stiffen.

What the fuck? Danny said he wasn't coming over, so who the hell is here?

I scramble under the covers and hold my breath.

I hear my bedroom door open and click shut, and footsteps.

There's a thud like something is being dropped on the floor, and then somebody grasps the covers and tugs them off of me.

I open my eyes and sit up fast. Danny's warm brown eyes lock with mine.

"Why were you hiding?" He asks.

This is the first time he's spoken to me in almost a month and his voice is so warm and gentle.

"I thought you were a killer." I mumble.

"So you hid under the blankets?"

"Yes."

He looks like he's trying not to smile.

"I thought you weren't coming over." I say.

He just kind of shrugs.