Hide & Seek

Brads room in the warehouse was a bit small, but I wasn’t complaining. It just meant that we would be closer  together. Perfect. All the room had was a queen sized mattress shoved in the corner, and door that was really hard to open and close. Even better.

    Brad and I were curled up on the mattress, me on my back, and Brad propped up on his elbow, looking down at me. Brad’s shirt was on the corner of the mattress, pressed into the wall, and his jeans hung dangerously low on his hips. My skirt was sitting at the top of my thighs, clearly showing off the bandage on my thigh, and my shirt, well, it was with Brads in the corner.

    “You never answered my question” Brad side, fingers tracing invisible shapes on my stomach.

    “So?” I replied. I let my hands run up and down on his chest. I heard Brad’s sharp inhale, so my hand went around to the back of his head and pushed him towards me, letting him know what I clearly wanted from him.

   Brad kissed me hard as he pressed himself on me, deepening the kiss. As his lips traveled down my neck and onto my shoulder, pushing my bra strap off. My head was so lost that almost didn’t hear the faint sound off in the distance.

    Brad must’ve heard it too because he stopped and looked at me, eyes widened and brows scrunched together.  He reached over into the corner, grabbed our shirts and handed mine to me. Brad jumped up and ran over to the door, throwing on his shirt. I quickly threw on mine as Brad stopped dead, midstride in his tracks, and turned to stare at me.

   We were so quiet that you could hear a pin drop. That’s when that small, harmless noise grew louder.

Sirens.

   The door flew open as Shadow ran into the room, almost knocking Brad into the wall.

   She was wearing her old assassin’s outfit when she was in the organisation: a one shoulder strap, tight fitting shirt that were cut open at the sides and held together by a length of leather. She also had on a black pair of short-shorts, followed by black, knee high combat boots. Strapped to her back were her twin, silver long swords, and on her hips were her two black handguns.

  “They found us,” She said angrily, rage fully shown on her face.

  “No, really? I thought they were hiding and we were finding them!” Brad snapped, voice dripping with sarcasm.   

    Shadow glared at him with icy-cold eyes.

    The sirens were getting louder as I started to panic. This could not be happening! There was no way that this was possible. How could they have found us so soon? It made no sense. Then a thought came to my mind: that stranger in the black cloak. What did they want?

   “SHADOW!” a deep voice echoed through the warehouse. Derek.

   Apparently, the police don’t know about his number one rule: he’s pissed. Now they’re gonna get it,

   Derek stormed into the room (3s a crowd, but 4s a party) eyes blazing with anger. He looked at all of us, but stopped at me. Shaking his head, he spun on his heel and left.

   I could hear the police now, only voices, no words, but you could tell that they were yelling. We all stopped breathing when there was a sudden crash that came from downstairs. Unfortunately, that ‘downstairs’ is right below us.

    The police came faster up the stairs then we could see, but Shadow was already in assassin mode. She sprinted out of the room, jumped up onto the railing and –literally- flew at them, practically a blur. All you could see were silver streaks that came from her swords. Derek must’ve been downstairs covering the front door, because every once in a while you would see a random body fling through the air.

   Brad was standing in the doorframe, blocking the way between me and any police that got past Derek and Shadow, which was next to none.

   I had never felt so helpless in my life. I mean, why couldn’t I do something? I was the best fighter ever, and I shouldn’t have to have people fighting for me.

   This was my fight, not theirs!

   I started to get up, ignoring the burning sensation in my thigh. Brad was trying to fend off as many as possible, but when his back was turned an officer slipped by him and started to charge at me.

   I was already waiting for him. My left leg slid back, then swung up high in a wide arc at the last second, aimed for his head. My foot made contact with the side of his head, knocking him to wall -only a few steps away- and he was knocked out cold.

    I was turning back to the door when something cold and hard hit me on my head. I fell to the ground. And with one last look I saw Brad turn towards me.

   Then everything went dark….