The Talker and the Listener

I gave her a cup of hot chocolate which I had with me. My nanny prepared it for me earlier for lunch but I skipped school so who cares if I share it with this girl? The thing is, whenever I arrive home, it’s always empty. It would be such a waste to throw something that somebody, even if it’s your nanny, prepared for you.

Then the girl started to talk…

She told me that she was going to drown herself but she couldn’t bear the thought of her look all bloated once her parents find her dead body, that her body might be eaten by sharks, or that  and her body couldn’t be retrieved at all. She wanted something that people will remember her by, probably a tomb they could visit and pray for her.

I told her that I was doing the same thing but I never thought that it would be that horrendous committing suicide. Suddenly, everything seemed to add up. I will never commit suicide ever again. And we both just laughed things off…

She told me that she’s pregnant and that the father of the child she’s carrying wouldn’t own up the responsibility. I felt sorry for her, that’s why I asked her who the guy was and where he was. I also asked her to promise me to never commit suicide again. When she did, I gave her a blank check. I told her she could write any amount she wanted not going over a million dollars. It was all for her and her baby. But she just shrugged and tossed the blank check into the fire.

Surprised and a little bit offended, I asked her why she threw it away.

She just smiled and told me that money won’t buy everything she wanted and I realized that she was right. For years, I’ve been this sheltered girl that everyone adored. Or so I believed. There was this one time when I overheard some of my so-called friends from the girl’s restroom that they actually loathe me for various reasons, most of which stem from jealousy.

What can I do? I didn’t wish for super rich parents like mine…

I didn’t wish to look this way either…

I am sick and tired for being sorry because of things that I have but didn’t ask for…

But I’ve found my purpose now…