Chapter 10: The Day After The Wedding

Nick's POV:
The morning after our wedding, I woke up the first time next to my beautiful wife.  Since we moved in together to this mansion, we slept together in our bedroom, but this morning was the start of many mornings where Miley and I would wake up as husband and wife.

I kiss her, get up, and change into some jeans, a dress shirt, and dress shoes.

Miley wakes up and sees me.  "Morning, husband." getting up to come over to me and hugs me.

"Morning, wife.  We have family and friends coming over this afternoon."

"Ok."  She pulled out a short red dress from her huge closet, changed into it, threw on some heels, and we headed downstairs and into our living room.  She grabbed her phone and changed her Instagram and Twitter username to mileyjonas and her name to Miley Ray Jonas.  Her hairstylist did her hair for the day while she did that and then it was her makeup artist's turn, so Miley put down her phone and tilted up her head.

While my wife was doing that, I checked up on our breakfast, done by the chef we hired.  It was nearly done.

I went back to the living room and turned on the TV.  We were on the news and my wife and I watch it while she finishes getting her makeup on.  The news announcer said "Well, Miley Cyrus and Nick Jonas are finally married.  Miley became Mrs. Jonas yesterday in a private ceremony at a country club.  Paparazzi caught the newlyweds heading separately to the country club.  Miley looked gorgeous in a white David Tutera wedding gown with a sweetheart neckline and lace and beading all over the A-line gown as she walked with her bridesmaids sister-in-law Danielle Jonas, friend Demi Lovato, and little sister Noah Cyrus and maid of honor and older sister Brandi Cyrus, all wearing blush gowns, and niece Alena Jonas, who wore a white dress with a belt to match the bridal party and a flower on the belt.  Nick looked handsome in a light grey suit as he walked with his brothers Kevin, Joe, and Frankie, who were in similar suits, to the entrance.  June 11th makes it a double anniversary for the husband and wife, who have a bit of a unique dating history.  The two met at a fundraiser on June 11, 2006 when they were both 13.  They split up on December 19, 2007 at the age of 14 when they were on tour with Nick's brothers Joe and Kevin.  They got back together in Georgia two years later during the summertime.  During the trip, the two jetskied, possibly igniting a kiss, which neither party denied nor confirmed.  After the trip, the two had to split again, but this time was due to Miley having to date Liam for publicity reasons.  Miley split with Liam sometime after the Grammys after reuniting with her husband there and restarting their relationship, making it stronger.  The two got engaged after 6 months of dating again and married yesterday after an engagement that lasted about a year.  They are due to leave on a honeymoon tomorrow, according to sources.  We wish the couple a long and happy marriage and a wonderful honeymoon." The news goes on and soon we look at each other after the artist finishes her makeup and leaves after Miley pays her.

"Are we ready to announce it?"

"Can't we wait until the photographers send us the pictures?  That way we can pick a picture we both like and announce it."

"Agreed."  She walks over to me, hugs me, and we stayed lingered in a kiss when Joe and his own wife Sophie walk in with their baby boy.

"Hey, keep it PG, you two.  Baby in the house now."

"It's our own home, Joe.  You're the one that waltzed in on our private time."

"Ooh, someone's cranky."

"Of course.  We haven't had breakfast yet and we had a big day yesterday."

"Then let's go eat."

"Fine."  Miley and I break out of the hug and lead them to the kitchen.

Sophie pipes up.  "This place is so big.  It's just the two of you."

Miley smiles.  "I know.  It's only a couple more years before we want to have kids anyways so when we picked a house out, we decided to have one big enough.  This one has our room and 2 or 3 other rooms that are being used as guest rooms for now and will be transformed into nurseries when it's time."

"I want a tour.  When we're done with breakfast, of course."

Miley nods in response to Sophie's comment and the two talk about stuff, like marriage, wedding, and children.

I turn to Joe, who says, "How was your night?"

"It's good.  Considering the wedding yesterday, we got enough sleep that we could possibly get."

"Good.  How's Miley?  I see she's wearing a red dress today.  And heels."

"She's good."

The chef came out with the breakfast, which was toast and fruit for Miley, who's a vegan, and eggs for me.  He brought out pancakes for Joe and Sophie, who pulled out a bottle for Joe Jr.

Later, Miley and I gave them a tour and then had them help us set up for today's post-wedding gathering of friends and family.  We decided to use the same color scheme we had for the wedding and Miley had blush tableclothes, silver tablerunners, and cream napkins for the tables.  The ladies put those on the tables.  Joe and I had to put out the tables and put the centerpieces, which were clear vases filled with fake blush roses, on the tables.  Then the caterer came by with the food we had ordered for the event.  We had decided to do a simple dinner with chicken marsala, garden salad, and, for the kids, mac and cheese.

Joe and I were running around with the caterer to make sure he put it on the right table and when everything was set up, everyone cooled down and sat down to wait for everyone else.

Selena arrived first and went to go hug Miley and me.  "Congratulations, you guys!  Ugh, I loved the wedding yesterday!"

Miley laughed and said, "Thanks, Selena."

I looked around.  "Where's Justin?"

Selena kind of looked down.  "I wanted to bring him, but he sort of acted strange, like he was cheating on me again or getting into some other kind of trouble.  We had a fight before I left."

Miley hugged Selena.  "Oh, I'm sorry, Sel.  He doesn't treat you right.  But you'll find someone."

Selena smiled at Miley.  "Thanks, girl."

"You're welcome."

"Where's Demi?"

Demi came in, just on cue.  She saw Selena, ran up, and hugged her.  "Right here, girl.  Hi, Selena."

"Hey, Demz." They go off to talk about her tour, leaving me and Miley to greet the rest of the guests arriving.