Chapter 2: The Proposal

Miley's POV (continued):

I was thinking of my friendship with Selena.  How did we make it to be friends when we both dated Nick?  Sure the media can be right (sometimes), but really they are wrong when they said there's a feud between us.  Sel put it perfectly that one time when she said we both went "oh" when we found out about Nick.  And they said that the (so-called) feud heightened when I threw that figure of Sel down during that one performance of mine.  Again, no feud over Nicky, but a fight over something else I can't really remember.  Must have been something stupid, like her relationship with Justin Bieber (seriously, he keeps doing bad stuff that makes them off).  My thoughts were turned off when I saw Nick.  I smiled and kissed him.  "Hi, baby."

"Hi, Smiley.  What were you thinking about?"

"Selena.  We texted before I got ready.  God, I haven't talked to her in so long and missed talking to her."

He looks at my outfit.  He teased me by singing the oh-so-familar lines of "Burnin' Up" that gave away it was about me when the inspiration came out.  "You look beautiful.  And you wore the kind of outfit I like my girl to wear."  That I knew.  Plus our song was "My Girl" by The Temptations.  I know, I know, there's multiple songs that apply to us (most of them were by me and Nick, separately, and two together), but "My Girl" was with us from the start of everything.

I snapped out of my thoughts again and giggled.  "Thank you, Nicky."  He lead me into the restaurant, where we just talked and ate.  Then we went to his place and talked more.  He had to go to the bathroom, which was upstairs by his room.

Nick's POV:

I lied (sort of) and went upstairs to get the ring.  She sure looked like she didn't suspect anything, but then you never know with her.  She's an actress who worked up on her skills on Hannah Montana, other shows, & some movies.  Plus if Sel texted her, Sel must have saw the news that my brothers and I were at the store earlier today and Miley must have told her how I was acting strange, therefore suspecting the proposal.

I put the ring in my pocket and head downstairs.  I sat back down next to her.

She smiled.  "What's in the pocket?"

I pulled out the ring and her mouth shot open.  I spoke the speech I rehearsed getting ready.

"Yes, Nicholas."  She slipped on the ring and kissed me.  We stayed in the kiss for a while until she broke it to look at it.  "It's so beautiful."

"Thanks.  Joe & Kevin helped me pick it.  It's so like you.  Ever changing and it matches your eyes."

"Thank you, Nicky.". Her phone buzzed with a text from Selena.  "What a way to ruin it."

I laugh.  She replies back:  Yes, we're engaged.  She puts her phone back in her purse and focuses her attention back on me.  "So what did Selena say?"

"She asked me if you proposed and if I said yes.  Of course, I replied back."

I already had a suspicion of the answer to this, but I asked her anyways.  "How did she know anyways of the proposal?"

"Well, she saw that the paparazzi caught you, Kevin, & Joe at the store and texted me.  And then I mentioned you acting strange lately, mostly when we talked about the future.  We, actually mostly Selena, led to the conclusion that you planned on a proposal.  I have a feeling Demi must have told her, seeing how she's also friends with you and Joe."

Now I have that suspicion, considering Joe texted her for a long time.  "I think so as well.  Earlier today, Joe was texting Demi.  He said it was about her tour with DJ Khaled, but I think there was more to it.  They must have been talking about the proposal."

"So when do you want to tell people?"

"Let's keep it to us for a few days, then we can tell our families.  How 'bout the public?"

"That sounds like a good plan.  As for the public, photo shoot and then we can post it."

"Sounds good."  We kiss more before Miley had to go.