Lies And Power [9]

LIES AND POWER

CHAPTER NINE

~Jake

[The battle]

It wasn't the vampire. Not in the least. The damned creature was sitting on me, but a snake was attacking my neck. I grabbed it; the coils of it didn't feel right. They were as cold as ice, bone white, and as slippery as oil. I couldn't find purchase enough to try and squeeze it. I grabbed it one last time, prying it off my neck, and I felt my palms alight. I gasped, but looked down to see the snake burned, and not my hands.

I saw the snake slide back up the vampires' cloaked arm, and I lashed out with my foot.... And felt the bones shatter. I gasped in pain, and the damned laughed a cold, metallic laugh. He grabbed my face and-

Screamed like a banshee. I lashed out at his face with my other foot, but I didn't feel it brake. I reached out, and grabbed a hold of his face like in a corny movie. His face sizzled, and he started screaming again.

He flew back, tearing out of the window. The sunlight he left behind knocked into my eyes, and left me blind.

I saw a HUGE, gray wolf trying to fight off two. I guessed it was Ashley, but I wasn't quite sure. As one snake flew at her, she knocked to the ground, spitting and howling. The snakes of the damned were probably fatal. I lunged out, and knocked one vampire to the floor.

I grabbed at his face like I had to the other. He screamed in shock as his pale white face blistered. Blood seeped from his mouth, and my hands started to boil. I gasped, and pulled back. The damned creature flew, a serpent shooting off like a rocket after it.

Ashley managed to pry the snake off of her torso. Her blood was dripping in pools onto the soft carpet. She howled in pain, and a vampire threw itself at her. At the edge of my vision, I saw the sky turn an inky black. It was like the sun was sucked into a black hole.

A damned creature took down my father, pinning him to the ground. But I was already helping Ashley. I heard my dad cry, but I was busy with the damned creature in my hand.

I felt its flesh scab, and explode. I gasped in shock, and it dropped, already dead from before, but really dead now. I tripped over the dead corpse, and fell next to Ashley. She was whimpering, but she was trying to get up. I lightly pushed her down, and placed my hand on her wound.

The vampire blood soaked into her fur coat, and she whimpered. I closed my eyes, and thought:

Heal

I felt her blood running up my jeans, and leaving them dry. The sensation made my stomach gurgle in uneasiness. Suddenly, there was only the blood from the vampire on my hands. I felt Ashley get up, and she pressed her side quickly to me as if to thank me. She suddenly launched forward, to help Garret.

I spun, to try and find my dad. But suddenly, the room darkened so much, the damned glowed. They looked terrifying, their black eyes blending into the background. I stumbled back, and suddenly raced forward at the one to my left, where my dad was.

There were only three more left, and Ashley and Garret had one a piece. I had to help my dad with the last one. I tripped, and stumbled my way over. There weren't any dead bodies or the vampires, but a lot of red blood that oozed into the carpet.

It really sucked how things were going. I didn't even touch my dad yet, let alone get a hug. I haven't seen him my whole life. I just saw my fake dad. He was probably taking good care of my brother.

I lunged at the pure white figure, and blindly started kicking him, and grabbing onto his face and arms. I wished that I could burn them easier. I felt the damned creature's flesh bubble off, and I wanted to choke in disgust. Then it started peeling off more than before.