Head Over Heels

Guys! I'm currently having a book hangover

Guys! I'm currently having a book hangover. See above for the definition of a book hangover. If you haven't experienced one yet, then let me know and I will suggest some books for you to read or you can go look at my reading lists. Anyway, I just finished a book and oh my gosh, it was so good. My brain is still in that story and I think it will be for a while.

 My brain is still in that story and I think it will be for a while

Head Over Heels by lydiahephzibah was great for many reasons. First of all, I really related to Lucas, except for him being a British guy that's a gay genius. I guess I should rephrase that then. I really related to Lucas' personality. "Watching" him grow up in each chapter was so cute. Not only did I get to "watch" him grow up, but also the other characters like his family, which is basically everyone in the town because Lucas is basically related to everyone.

The amount of diversity in this book is great. Usually I don't like books with diversity because often it feels forced. This is how I imagine authors trying to add diversity, "hey, I'm going to make this person x ethnicity because I haven't included that yet." Henn manages to make it feel natural because it should be. Everyone is different and they should be proud of who they are.

The emotional feels that came with reading this book were a lot. I was probably way too emotionally invested in the characters and everything that was going on. Also, let me just say that I am American, but this book definitely brought out my Anglophile side.

Finding a well written full length novel on Wattpad is difficult. I know this sounds cliche but the needle in a haystack saying is honestly so true. If your book has made it onto my reading list, then congrats. If your book is a recommendation in this book, then triple congrats. Good writing is about 90% of the story for me. (If you want me to read your story, keep this in mind.) The other 10% is the storyline, character development, and etc. This story accomplished all of that.

I definitely suggest reading the other stories first because I didn't and I've kind of ruined the others, but I'll survive. So yeah, go read Head Over Heels. You won't be disappointed.