Prologue

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, corporations, institutions, organizations, events or locales in this novel are either the product of the author's imagination or, if real, used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual persons (living or dead) is entirely coincidental.

I sat beneath a forlorn tree in an isolated suburb of my country. The sky was as blue as the ocean as the birds soared in flocks, the wind hustling from a far away distance.

Here I am, watching the greenery of nature.

Here I am, dazzling upon the beauty of life.

Here I am, pondering about peace.

Here I am, prompted to initiate a threat to destroy this beauty, this peace.

A beauty that will be falsified, a beauty that will turn in to monstrosity.

A peace that is ephemeral, a peace that no one can destroy except me.

I sat for a little bit longer beneath the tree protecting me from the extreme heat of the sun. While I sighed, I felt my nerve cells getting hyped up, my blood rushing upwards my brain. I thought, yet again, over and over of my misery: My life has never been as good as I wanted it to be. I don’t know why but…. There’s this strange force acting against me. This strange force is made out of omnipotence from a deep, dark well that obstructs my entrance to paradise. The force that obstructs me from everything I want. And at this moment, the force is luring me to its deep, dark well that I can feel inches away from me.

“Come here”, said a deep voice from nowhere.

I sat still, momentarily aghast yet at the same time aroused. After a few seconds, I looked around and saw no one. Who the hell would know about my secret place?

“Come here”, repeated the deep voice, somewhat in a much friendly manner.

Perhaps someone can help me with my plan?

I jerked a smile.

I stood up without the order of my mind. I stood beneath the tree awestruck. Then the strange force hit my heart. I began to walk without knowing my direction until the force lured me to the deep, dark well and held me captivated inside. I looked below and saw darkness.  I could no longer move myself. I could not breathe. I tried resisting but the force is too powerful.