t w e n t y

"I still don't think this is going to work." Henry said in disbelief as we neared the police station. "Besides, even if it did, whose to say your mom will even let me stay with you guys? What if she's still pissed? You heard what she thought about me..."

"She'll get over it, trust me Henry." I gave his hand a squeeze. "I know how she is. She'll go get drunk or high and by the next day she'll forget about everything, or she won't even care at all about it." I explain. He gave me a doubtful look, but didn't retort anything back.

Earlier, after everything, I suggested the idea that we should go to the cops about his dad again. He was reluctant at first of course, but after I explained to him that his dad would go to prison (for a long time), then that Henry could come live with my mom and I. Of course she was mad at him right now, but my mother wasn't one for keeping grudges. She'd get over it in a few days, I just knew she would.

After I had successfully convinced him, he smirked at the part where he'd be able to live with me. 'So basically you're saying I get to sleep with you every night?' Henry had said, and I had nodded back. 'We'd be able to be together all the time.. do whatever we want, when we want.' I had said back with a mischievous glint in my eyes. His smirk grew wider and he wrapped an arm around my waist, flushing my body against him. 'That doesn't sound too bad.'

"What do I do when I get in there?" Henry asked fromm beside me, snapping me away from my thoughts. We were by the stairs that led up to the double doors of the police station now.

"Just tell them that you want to report abuse. Then when they ask for evidence, just show them your body."

Worry was evident in his eyes. "What if they don't believe me still? And they say it's just from rough-housing around with my friends."

"They won't, and besides I'll be there as a witness."

"You won't leave my side?"

"I promise." I gave him a reassuring smile and Henry's eyes flicked back to the station.

Henry took a deep breath, then, hand-in-hand, we walked up the stairs and to the doors together.