Chapter 1

I'm lying in bed. I can feel the soft tickling of the wind against my cold body. The window is wide open and there is trash everywhere. I look over to the bed opposite me and find a drunken man muttering in his sleep with some vodka in his arms, hugging it to him like a teddy bear.

I get up out of bed and head down stairs in my dress which reeks of vodka. I see my friend Shayla cleaning up and I go to help her. I grab a broom from the cupboard which is covered in cobwebs and do my best to help her clean. Shayla has been my best friend ever since kinder garten.

She is extremely pretty. She has long blonde hair that reaches all the way down to her waist line, and she's just so nice and helpful to everyone. She's never drank in her life and when she goes to parties, she's usually the one cleaning up the vomit. Unlike me, I'm the kind of girl that loves a drink and gets hangovers all the time. I am so lucky to have a great friend like Shayla, but really, I don't deserve her. She deserves way better than me for a best friend.

''Hey Nikki,'' she smiles her flawless smile. ''Hey,Shay'' I respond.  

After we've finished cleaning the most part of the kitchen we head over to the lounge where I see my friend Emma crouching down next a couple of drunk guys, teling them to wake up and leave her house.

Emma is also one of my best friends from primay school, and we ended up following each other into high school. She's like me. Emma enjoys having a drink or two and at party's will mostly be the one on top of the table doing a sexy dance for all the boys. Thats why I love Emma. She doesn't care what people think of her, and she's not even the slightest bit self consicous.

I see a cute boy walking towards me with a drink in his hand. I quickly smooothen down my skirt and pretend to be looking into nowhere. The guy stops a few feet away from me and smiles. He puts his drink down on the bench and intrroduces himself. ''Hi, I'm Jack,'' he says and hold out his hand expecting me to shake it. ''Hi'' I stutter, mesmerized by his flawless smile.

We sit down and talk for what seems like hours,until everyones gone. We are still sitting on the couch when Jack slowly put his arm around me and whispers something in my ear. He's warm breath against my ear makes me shiver. I can feel my cheeks going red as he brushes and eye lash from my face. We sit there in silence for what seems like ages, with his arm around me. Me laying my head on his chest. His chest is rising up and down at a steady pace, but as he moves to caress my cheek, I can feel my heart throbbing and as soon as our skin makes contact, I can feel a burn inside of me. It is so wonderful, and I so badly want to kiss him, but I decide against it. We only just met my I keep telling myself, besides, Jace is waaay hotter than this guy.