Chapter 3 - Change of Plans

Kendall's P.O.V.

As I pulled into my driveway I turned down the music that I had been blasting the entire way home.  I took the keys out of the ignition and got out of my car.  As I walked through my front door I found my parents awkwardly sitting on the living room sofa.  It was like they had been waiting for me to come home.  Kinda creepy.

"How was your last day of school hunny?" My mom asked a little too excited.

"Uneventful.  I'm just happy it's finally summer.  Umm, can Sarah come over?  I know I just saw her at school but I miss her already." I asked laughing sheepishly.

"Umm that's why we're sitting her actually.  We needed to talk to you about something.  Summer plans." My dad said.

I was sort of interested in what they were about to tell me.

"Um...okay." I replied.

"Your father and I wanted to try and open the shop back up this summer.  The house is going to be a total mess and we both have thought long and hard that you'd be better off going somewhere to get away for the summer while we get things running smoothly. "

My parents owned a shop that unfortunately went out of business last summer.  For some weird reason they wanted to give it another shot.  Dumb idea I'd say.

"We figured it would be for your own benefit to get a change of scenery this summer." My dad said interrupting my mother.

"Where do you expect me to go?" I asked clueless.

"Well, you've never been to London?  You have a cousin that lives there.  I know you don't know him because he's lived there since you were born." My dad informed me.

"He has a daughter near your age I believe." My mom added in.

Where had all this come from?  I didn't even know I had a cousin in London.  All of a sudden I broke from my silence.

"What about Sarah?  What about the One Direction concert in August?" I asked so confused.

"We made sure to keep your concert in mind when we booked your flights." My mom told me.

"Wait, you already booked my flight?" I asked in shock.

"Yes." My parents both said in unison.

"And wh-what about Sarah?" I asked stuttering.

Sarah and I had planned to do so much.  I wanted to spend the entire summer with her.  After all, she was my best friend.  She was one of my only friends I had here in Florida.  I was scared that if I went away for the summer she might find a new best friend and we'd slowly drift apart....

"You guys will be able to keep in touch." My mom replied as if she read my mind.

I stormed off to my room.

"You have to pack!!!" My mom yelled to me before I slammed my bedroom door.

I got into my room and made my way to my bed.  I sat down and pulled my cellphone out of my pocket.  I had to tell Sarah sometime or another.

To: Sarah

Change of plans.  My parents are making me go to London for the summer to stay with a "cousin" I didn't even know existed.  I'm so mad right now.  I'm so sorry.  I'll be back in time for the One Direction concert.

-Kendall xx

I felt myself press send.  I then heard a knock at the door and opened it to find my mom.  She sat down on my bed beside me.

"I forgot to tell you, your flight is in the morning.  You need to pack tonight." My mom told me before leaving.

"Just great..." I said to myself sarcastically. 

I pulled out my pink Victoria's Secret suitcase and plopped it onto my bed.  Once I began packing, I felt my phone vibrate.

1 new text

From : Sarah<3

WHAT?!

A/N - What do you guys think?  I feel like this story sucks/:  I dont know..

Kristina xx