Identical Differences

I sat on the floor with my laptop and intricately swiped on the touch screen. Next to me sat a man of great intellectual and physical beauty; Emerson. With a sharpie to the wall he slowly created the next work to display.

Carefully, I traced a photograph on the screen for a while. Colors blended together effortlessly with a single motion of my finger as a masterpiece began to form digitally.

Slow strokes against the wall cautiously formed a city within. He leaned into the wall for a second as I leaned into the computer screen when the zoom was not good enough. I leaned back at the same time as Emerson examined his work so far.

Our movements flowed uniformly in different points of time, one in the past and one in the future. The sync we had was incredible; as our minds focused on different topics our bodies copied the other. Silence sat between us and yet it was the loudest room in the building.

Once my piece was finish I closed the laptop and watched Emerson finish his city. He was nowhere near done, but I was finished. We were opposites and yet we flowed like the same entity.

How could two human beings be so utterly different and identical at the same time?