6: Just the Way You Are

A/N
Ok, so let's get it straight. I'm not an update regularly person. But this just came into my head and it isn't too long so I'm writing it.

I just died from doing a HUGE amount of homework earlier so here I am writing from the Underworld. (Hi! *waves*) Wonder if I'll see Luke anywhere. *Squints* Maybe not. Anyways this is becoming a dam long author's note sooo I'm going to get to the story.

***

Annabeth squinted at the mirror, arms crossed at her chest. The white dress she had spent a full five minutes struggling into was fitting, and horribly low cut and indecently short. Normally Annabeth would never dream of wearing something as revealing and uncomfortable as this, but Livi had coerced her into it.

"There. Much better than all those boring things you usually wear. Your boyfriend is going to think you're totally hot!" Livi said.

Annabeth shifted uncomfortably. She still didn't completely get how in a matter of minutes, Livi had found out she was going on a date with Percy, decided that Annabeth needed some emergency fashion advice, and appointed herself Annabeth's personal fashion consultant. Normally Annabeth wouldn't have cared about her over-enthusiastic neighbour's well-meaning but hurtful comments, but this time Annabeth had wondered if maybe, just maybe, she was right.

Annabeth had been hearing whispers about herself around school, about how she was a nerd and had no sense of fashion. Those comments had hurt more than she would admit, so she had let herself be carried along with Livi and her crazy ideas. And here she was- wearing the skimpiest, tightest, most 'fashionable' thing in Livi's extensive wardrobe. Livi seemed extremely pleased with her work- and Annabeth thought the torturous session was finally over.

"Um, Livi? I think I should go soon. Percy will be coming soon," Annabeth asked her neighbour tentatively.

"What? No! I haven't done your makeup yet! Sit here!" Livi exclaimed, pulling Annabeth onto the stool in front of her dressing table.

Annabeth sighed.

***
Percy rang the doorbell of Annabeth's apartment for the third time.

"Annabeth? You home?" Percy called.

He hoped Annabeth hadn't forgotten their date. Then again, it was Annabeth. She never forgot anything. Something was probably holding her up. Just as Percy was about to reach for his phone to call Annabeth, the door opened.

Annabeth stood in the doorway, hesitating. Percy's mouth fell open. Annabeth was wearing a skin-tight, strapless dress that only reached about mid-thigh. Her face looked completely different and her lips were a dark red. Percy had never seen Annabeth in anything so... so... He had no words for it.

"Wow- um- Annabeth- you look- um..."

Her shoulders drooped.

"You hate it, don't you," she said.

"No- not really- I mean- hate is a strong word-"

Annabeth cut him off. "You hate it. But that's good. Cause I hate it too," Annabeth said. "I'll just go change. I knew this was a bad idea. Livi made me." She turned and headed back inside the house.

Percy stared after her. There was no denying it- Annabeth looked hot in that dress- but she didn't look like Annabeth. He'd take normal Annabeth over fashion model movie star Annabeth any day.

In a few minutes, Annabeth reappeared, wearing a pink blouse and jeans with silver high tops. All the makeup had been wiped off and there was only a bit of gloss on her lips. Percy smiled. There was the Annabeth he knew and loved. He took her hand.

"Ready?" he asked.

Annabeth nodded. Hand in hand, they walked to the car in comfortable silence.

"Annabeth?" Percy asked suddenly.

"Mm?"

"Don't change yourself for anyone alright? Not me and not for anyone else. I love you just the way you are. Don't ever forget that, okay?"

Annabeth smiled up at him.

"I won't. Never."

***
Welp, there it is. Percabeth. I don't know if Annabeth would really succumb to peer pressure or not and dress like that, but I don't think Percy would like it. All characters belong to Uncle Rick except Livi (who, believe it or not was named after a superstar character from Lego Friends that I was forced to watch with my sisters.) And that was completely irrelevant so bye.

~Dreamchaser