5: Hugs

A/N
This is before Percy and Annabeth were dating. And when the Aphrodite cabin (and literally the whole camp) shipped them. A lot.

"Hey campers! Listen up!"

Percy watched as Drew jumped up on the Aphrodite cabin table. He put down the slice of pizza that he had been about to eat. Around the dining pavillion, other campers also turned to look around at Drew's antics. Most were looking annoyed that their dinner had been interrupted, Percy included. Others were looking slightly amused that the head counsellor of the Aphrodite cabin was currently standing on a table yelling at the camp.

"We, the Aphrodite cabin, have a challenge for you," Drew continued.

The mention of a challenge made everyone perk up. No demigod could resist the thought of a challenge, especially the Ares cabin, who were already whispering, probably already planning what weapons to use. Percy glanced over at the Athena table.

Annabeth was there, sitting upright and attentive. She looked as cute as ever, with her blonde curls tumbling down her back and grey eyes sparkling at the thought of a challenge. Percy blushed when Annabeth turned caught him staring. She grinned and mouthed something at him. Probably, we're gonna kick your butt.

Percy grinned and stuck out his tongue, trying to cover for the fact that his face was now lobster red. He turned away as Drew continued speaking, glad for the distraction.

"We challenge you..."

The whole camp leaned forward in anticipation.

"-to a hugging contest! Won't that be, like, AMAZING?" Drew waved her hands in the air.

Not everyone shared her enthusiasm. A hugging contest? Seriously? Percy thought. Similar mutters and groans echoed around the pavilion. Percy wondered why he ever thought that the Aphrodite cabin could come up with a challenge that was not majorly embarrassing and hug-related. And knowing the Aphrodite cabin, the contest probably involved something even worse, like hugging your crush or something. Percy did not want that to happen.

"The rules of the contest are simple. Each camper has to get one hug, and give one in return," Drew continued.

So far, so good. No mention of crushes or girlfriends or anything.

"BUT! There is a twist in this seemingly harmless game," Drew lowered her voice dramatically, "you... have to hug..."

Oh styx. There it was. Percy slammed his head on the table.

"Your crush!" Drew finished triumphantly.

Percy cringed. There it was. Those two little words that would ruin his life forever. Drew sounded extremely pleased with herself. She had a sly grin on her face. Percy was sure she directed it at him. He wanted to hide under the table. There was no way...

"Of course, if you already have a boyfriend or girlfriend, just hug them. And remember- everyone in the cabin MUST have one hug, or the sweetie curse will be placed on the whole cabin! This challenge will take place over one week. Next Friday the results will be announced!" Drew finished and swung off the table, looking way too pleased with herself.

Double styx. The sweetie curse. (A/N not sure which book this is mentioned in? Basically its like you have to call your crush sweetie until the curse is lifted) There was definitely something more to this than simple Aphrodite silliness. If Percy didn't know better, he would have thought that Drew was doing this just to find out who everyone's crushes were.

Oh, wait.

Percy did know better- Drew was definitely doing this to find out who everyone's crushes were. Percy glanced at Annabeth. She was staring at the table, brow furrowed. She was probably trying to think of a way out of this.  It was at moments like these that Percy wished he had some Athena smarts. Then maybe he could figure out some way out of this.

****
A/N
There's gonna be a part 2 for this. Hopefully. Oh and the sweetie curse I think is mentioned in Camp Half Blood Confidential? Its a companion book that came out last year. (2017) Its super funny and lots of Persassy so read it! Anyways thats it please vote/comment if you enjoyed this and this is already a super long A/N so bye.

~Dreamchaser