Alien

Alien

Lillian's Point of View

Professor Perkins closed the door after we entered. "What the heck is going on?" I demanded.

"What happened to saying hello?" Professor Perkins asked.

"Sorry, Professor, I've had a rough night," I said. She nodded.

"I know, I know," she said.

"You do?" I inquired.

"Yes, dear, I do. And I need your help!"

"Um, okay."

"What did you put in your experiment today to make it different? How did you do that?"

"I accidentally poured too much of the amox..."

"Of course! Why didn't I think of it myself? You have been a great help!"

"Um, okay."

"You may go."

"No!" Zack shouted, "What is going on here?"

"I will tell you two, but not now," she said.

"What do you mean?" I wondered.

"I must explain something to you, but now is not the right time," she said.

"Why not?" I wondered.

"I'll tell you later! Now go!" she said.

"We can't. They're all over our homes!" Zack said.

"I'll call them off," she said.

"You'll call them off?!" I demanded, "Who are you? Are you one of them?"

"No! Of course not! I'm way above them! They're just... Never mind! I'll explain later!" she said.

"Wait, do you mean that this was going on before I made the virus? So it's not my fault?" I wondered.

"Yes. Of course. But your virus was a very important contribution to our plans. We are forever grateful to you," she said.

"Who's we? What are you talking about?" I asked.

"I'll explain tomorrow, after class! Now leave!" she said. I looked at Zack and he shrugged. "Come on, Zack, let's go," I said. We left the building and ran back to the car. "What the heck just happened?" I wondered.

"Don't ask me!" Zack exclaimed, "I'm just as clueless as you are! I'll drop you off by your house."

"Thank you," I nodded. A few minutes later, Zack pulled to a stop in front of my house. Immediately, my parents ran out of the house. "Lillian! Is that you?" my mom called as I waved goodbye to Zack who drove away. "Um hi mom!" I said.

"Where were you? It's 12:30 you know! You never stay out late!" she said.

"Sorry. I was just at the university."

"At the university at one in the morning? You never even came home today! And you didn't call to tell us anything!"

"I'm really sorry."

"What were you doing at the university at one in the morning?"

"Well, I just went there like half an hour ago to talk to my professor about something. Before that I was at a party."

"The one at Chase Webster's house?"

"Yeah. How did you know?"

"Are you kidding? It's all over the news!"