Army

Army

Jack's Point of View

"What the heck dude?" Liam asked. "What was that for?" Suddenly, he tilted backwards and fell to the ground. Nobody noticed, because like me, Liam was just another average overlooked guy. Moments later, he got up and joined us. Amber was being followed by a throng of girls whom she had probably all infected. Why was the virus doing this? Why did it want to spread? Did it want to repopulate? It was like it was creating an army of teenage zombies? Why teens? Was it because that's what Amber was and she was the first thing it came in contact with? Was it because it knew that teenage gatherings are a place where nobody would notice what was going on? Or was it smart enough to know that our bodies were the most fit and the strongest. And why hadn't it infected Zack his geeky weirdo friend, Lillian? It was easy to infect them. Maybe Lillian had purposely created the virus and my brother had helped her. Maybe that was why it had left them alone. I don't know what's going on and I don't know how to find out.

Zack's Point of View

Where did those two go? What if they were infecting more people? We had to stop them. "Lil!" I gasped, "We can't let them turn more people into monsters. We've got to stop them." She nodded urgently. I grabbed the keys to my parent's old Prius, which had been given to Jack and I when we got our licenses and ran outside. Lillian followed me. We hopped into the car. Where we're we supposed to go? "Lillian, did Amber mention anything about her plans tonight?" I wondered.

"Well, she said she was going to go to a party at Chase Webster's place," Lil said.

"Chase Webster?" I wondered, "Oh right, he's that popular guy. He plays football right?"

"Yeah," Lillian nodded. I swung open the car door and ran back into the house. I got the school address book and returned to the car. "We'll find out where they are!" I said. I turned on the car and handed the book to Lillian. She flipped it open, close to the end and began skimming through the W section. "I found him!" she cried, "He lives on 1217 Gilligan Drive!" I knew where that was. I nodded. It astonished me that Lillian couldn't drive. It was so simple. She had failed the test seven times! Seven times! How could you fail the driving test seven times? Oh, she had aced the written part. But the actual driving she couldn't do. "Lillian, you should really learn how to drive," I commented.

"Thanks for being the 37 trillionth person to tell me that!" she snapped.

"Sorry, sorry," I said. Why was I telling her this now? We were going to go stop a couple of infected people that acted like zombies from infecting other people. I turned into Gilligan Drive and after driving a little I noticed that all the parking spots in that section of the street were full. "We've got to park here," I told Lillian.

"Okay," she said as she got off the car. We ambled toward the house blasting loud music. Lillian rung the door and it swung open. Chase was standing in front of us. "Mr. and Ms. Geekhead. What are you doing here? I never invited you." A girl with long, straight, red hair who I recognized as a popular girl named Taylor frowned at him. "Chase, she's Amber's friend," she said. Chase glared at me. "Fine. Amber who showed up with that guy's brother. Well then, what's that geek doing here?" he demanded.

"Well she couldn't come alone," Taylor said at the same moment Lillian said, "He's with me."

"Of course he is," Chase sneered. He waved us through. I heard him mutter to Taylor, "He was the geeky one right? I can't tell the Hack twins apart."

"Of course. You wouldn't think Zack would show up with Amber, would you? But with Lillian, of course. I must admit, though, I am pretty surprised that Amber came with Jack. I mean, he's sooo normal. She could do way better," Taylor said.