Chapter 1

Seth's POV               

                Stepping into the lengthy conference room six other tired and stressed faces met mine. I took my seat at one end of the table next to my good friend Marcus. He was also a secret agent but several years older than me.

                Looking around at the other head director’s in front of me I knew why this meeting was called so late on a Saturday day night… the Midnight Killer.

                Whoever this murder or murderers are, they have serious skill. For the past year in the small town of Thurrock, England they have been sneaking into families home and killing them all the exact same way, the parents throats are slit, and the children are injected with poison that kills them instantly. But the main problem is that no one has any leads. Not even us… the top spy agency in the country.

                “Nice of you to join us Seth” Ralph, the head of the agency said sarcastically.

                “No problem.” I said with a nod of my head. Messing with the CEO was fun, especially when you know he can’t do anything about it. He and I both know that he can’t fire me, no one suspects an eighteen year old senior in high school to be a top spy in the governments best secret agency. Not even my best friend Kat suspected a thing. Although it kills me to lie to her every time I’m called for a mission or a meeting. But hey, I got a job to do, and that always comes first.

                “Well then I guess I will just have to start over now that Mr. Bolx has graced us with his presence” Ralph continued with a sigh. “As you all know the Midnight Killer is still killing innocent people and planning his or her next move as we speak! We have gotten nowhere and it’s been a whole year for god’s sake! I want leads, clues, hints… anything! This is a disgrace to the whole agency that we can’t track this person! Now I want all of you to go back to the latest crime scene right now and comb that place for anything that will help.”

                Well he’s got another thing coming if he thinks that I’m going to go to a two week old crime scene halfway across town at eleven-thirty at night. Apparently Marcus had the same thinking as me.

                “But it’s almost the middle of the night! And we’re spies not detectives!” Marcus exclaimed.

                “On the contrary my dear friend. It is simply almost morning. And you’ll do whatever I tell you to. Now all of you get loaded into the van you’re wasting darkness.”

                And with many grumbled complaints the other six directors made their way down the disguised headquarters and into a black van in an underground parking lot.

                “I don’t know why we have to do this on a Saturday!” Marcus grumbled next to me in the back seat of the van. “I have places to be, people to see!”

                “Oh you mean those poor girls you take advantage of?” I said with a smirk.

                “Yes actually. I’d much rather be doing that then going to a scene of a murder. And you would want to be doing that to if you weren’t in love with Kat.” Marcus said in a mocking tone.