6. Yet Feels So Right

"Do something?" Anti doesn't meet your eyes. He talks like he is a parent who just yelled at their kid. As if you got in trouble or something.

"Yeah! We need to get our mind off of... All of... This." You gesture with your good hand in between you and him. "You and Dark, me and... Whatever just happened. We have a lot of stress on us right now and I only think its right that we forget about it for a moment. Just to gain our sanity back. Just... Do something! Together!"

Anti finishes wrapping your hand in a bandage and looks up at you. "Like what."

Your face turns to puzzlement. You don't know.

"I don't know. Like, jump in between buildings!" You jump up from the bed into the center of the room. "Climb tall trees! Adventure through alleyways and catch small animals! Something! I just have this... this... itch to do something. With you!" You feel your adrenaline pumping and excitement building up.

Anti gives you a look of uncertainty. "You're serious."

You respond by giving him a hopeful nod. You look like a child who is about to be given a surprise birthday present.

Anti's mouth twitches the slightest at the corner. He likes your enthusiasm. "Okay. Let's go walk around. See what we can find."

You do some sort of fist pump in the air in celebration.

As the two if you walk out of the room, you suddenly turn back and grab something from the bathroom. Your knife.

Anti is waiting by the door putting on a scarf around his neck. When he sees the knife he gives you another uncertain look.

"It's fine! I'll keep it hidden! Promise!"

He accepts it and the two of you go off into the streets.

You end up finding some cool dark alleys behind some abandoned buildings. The perfect spot for hunting small prey.

No one is around, so luckily so one can see you two running around chasing rats and doing all you can to get one in your grasp. Anti started to throw his own knife at one, but missed completely when it scattered under a dumpster. You, however, just want to hold one in your hands. You don't care about the diseases it would bring you, you just want to touch it. But the rats are too quick for you.

But not quick enough for the large birds. One suddenly swoops out of nowhere and snatches one of the rats from behind a trash bag. You hear muffled squeaks and a rustle of feathers, then the bird peeks its head out from behind the bag, covered in blood and a piece of organ hanging from its beak.

Anti giggles.

"That was mine!" you scream at the bird. Then hurtle the knife towards it. The knife lands dead in the bird's neck, decapitating it.

Anti covers his mouth to hold in a laugh.

That felt good, you think as you watch the head roll to the ground. What is it with you and decapitated birds!?

That felt really good.

You go retrieve your knife, and Anti says, "I have an idea."

He takes his knife and throws it into a wooden door. It lands with a thud. When he goes to get it he says, "try to hit that spot."

You smile and stand where he stood. You throw your knife and it misses by a couple inches. You get it, and throw it again.

Soon both Anti and you are throwing your knifes at different spots to see who can hit where. You are exceptionally good, but he is obviously better.