Chapter 14 It's a...

Chapter 14

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One Monday morning I wake up feeling a tad bit different I then went downstairs.

"Oh my goodness Cassie you-"

"Look fat I know!" I said cutting her off.

"No! I was going to say you look different..." She explained

"Sure you were!" I said sarcastically

"No Cass I'm serious you might even have a bump going on!" She said with a chuckle.

This early in my pregnancy? Oh please mother!

After I ate my breakfast-which consisted mainly of fruit-I went upstairs to my room.

Looking at myself in the mirror, I did kinda have a bump, but it was mostly only visible when looking really hard. So no one will notice it much.

After I was done staring at myself in the mirror I got ready for school.

When I finished dressing I put my hair up in a half ponytail and grabbed my belongings for school and started down the stairs.

I headed out the door and to my surprise saw Kaleb waiting there for me.

"Hey there!" He said with a wave.

"Hey...I wasn't expecting you" I tell him as I climb in the car.

"Well, you gotta learn to expect the unexpected!" He said with a smile as he took the car out of park.

---------------------------------------

A few minutes later we arrived in the school parking lot. "Want me to walk you to your classes?" Kaleb asks me.

"What do you mean walk me? We have most of the same classes!"

"Oh yeah! I forgot...i'll still walk you though"

"Ok" I replied as we got out and walked towards the entrance.

********************************************

Gym used to be fun. When I had a friend with me. Sitting alone during gym is not fun I know because its what I'm doing now.

I sigh as I take out my notebook and begin to draw Sadie. She was a dog we used to have my parents adopted her as a puppy a few years before Jason was born. She died when I was about 7 I loved that dog and even till this day I remember everything about her. How calm and laid-back she was, her golden brown coat her protectiveness of me...

"Hey!" A voice said interrupting my thoughts.

I looked up to see a black haired familiar looking girl smiling at me.

"Hi" I said back and she sat down.

"I'm Brielle! What's your name?"

"Cassidy" I replied looking back down and continuing my drawing of Sadie.

"So Cassidy, whatcha drawing?" She inched closer

Why is her happiness annoying me so much? I thought to myself

After a moment of silence with her waiting for me to give her an answer

"You don't have to talk to me if you don't want to..." she tells me looking down at her hands.

I sigh and reply: " It's my dog Sadie."

"Oh that's cool...You're an artist?"

"What? Me? n-no way!"