Family

Ratchet received a call on his Com link the next day. -: Hello Ratchet. I have a Um.....Problem- Knockout's voice bellowed ,sounding strangely vague.

Ratchet commed. back – Is it something that can be solved here? I am...occupied....and not able to leave base at this time.- He was hesitant to mention his new guardian status and the arrival of another human for the moment, especially given her history.

-Whatever you say Doc.- Knockout managed to sound irriated an amused at the same time. He wasn't used to the newfound alliance with the Autobots .....not just yet anyways.

***

Soon, the groundbridge powered up, and through it came a tall, flamboyant mech carrying in the literal palm of his hand a young, sandy blond-haired girl. She looked like a dwarf in the palm of his hand, as she peeked over slowly to see where they were.

Rose backed up slowly seeing the enormous' bot "Woah" she mouthed, again half-hiding behind Ratchet.

The Medic gave a friendly wave to the pair. " Hello Knockout." he nodded. "This is Rose Deacon. It's Alright Rose." He urged the small girl out from behind him. "He won't harm you. Knockout is an Ally....of sorts"He scoffed lightly.

"Hi Rose. I'm Crystal. Crystal Jenkins." She smiled timidly as the former Decepticon medic set the girl down on the human sized gurney.

Rose was still visibly shaken, and had a soft limp, as she slowly stepped away from behind Ratchet they could see a violet colored pouch running diagonally across her body. "P...Pleased to meet you both." She smiled weakly. 

Ratchet looked to Crystal and then to Knockout." Rose is under our protection. I've agreed to become her guardian. Much as Bulkhead, Bee and Arcee have their humans." he nodded, going back to Crystal's examination. "I wasn't aware you...." Ratchet nodded at Crystal "had anyone..." Knockout didn't spend as much time at the main base as the rest of the Autobots. Wheeljack and some of the other Autobots had created a secondary base close by.

"That's good." Crystal smiled timidly from the gurney She then noticed the blanket. "Whatcha got there?"

Rose pulled back the pouch slowly revealing a black haired sleeping infant with a proud smile "This is my daughter Miracle Hope. Mira." Rose stroked the babe's head softly with a finger." Ratchet...Ratchet saved her." The small girl choked out.

"She's cute!" Crystal's eyes sparkled, a hand on her stomach. Wincing as Ratchet pressed on a particular spot "'Oww!" Knockout remained silent and steadfast, mostly letting Ratchet handle things. Oddly enough he seemed to, care....for the girl. Hovering protectively over her.

She nodded slowly, practically remaining in Ratchet's shadow always, clearly spooked by something despite being at ease with them. "That he is. I never thought I'd see her again." She bit at her finger, a nervous habit. Even with Ratchet's optics turned away it was like he could feel the tension feeding off of her.

"Easy, Rose." The Medic crooned softly. She nodded, slowly loosening her mouth's grip on the digit but keeping it pressed softly against the corner of her mouth.

Crystal suddenly winced harder as Ratchet pressed against a certain spot. Knockout slowly moved closer. A digit falling on her shoulder. "Eaassyy..." His voice smooth like butter, collected. Crystal relaxed enough that Ratchet could further check, taking blood samples. Something was indeed wrong with the girl. Rose tilted her head, turning her attention to the berth were Crystal lay. "Everything alright, Ratch?" Her fascination for all things medical kicking in, as well as her concern for the girl, as a person as well as a patient.