11

Chapter 11

Haley had woken up in a soft warm bed as the thought of the two weird dreams she had. She opened her eyes to look around wanting to see what time it was when they landed on a muscular man in a big arm chair on the side of the bed her alarm clock would be. That's when Haley realized this isn't her room and she didn't know that man.

Haley sat up scooting away from the man with the covers halfway covering her petite pajama clad body.

"Amare, it's okay." Xavier's deep voice came out as he stood from his previous sitting position. (Love)

Haley vigorously shook her head trying to get away from the tall, dark, intimidating stranger who looked like he could break Haley's small frame with just a touch of his little finger. Xavier made his way towards the unnamed girl that he only knew as his mate as she continued shaking her head. Haley stood from the bed in attempt to create distance and back away from him. The cold air hit Haley's cream colored skin after she stepped from the blanket.

"Vos es ok infans." Xavier spoke softly lightly reaching his hand out to Haley. (You're Okay baby)

Haley continued to shake her head out of fear as she backed herself into a corner of the wall. Now shivering from the cold Haley curled into a small ball sitting on the floor with her eyes closed wishing everything that was happening and had happened away like it never happened or was a thought in anyone's mind.

Xavier noticed that his mate was shivering. He pulled the comforter from the bed and gently laid it on the small shaking figure on the floor in the corner.

This took Haley by surprise and she looked up to meet soft speckled brown eyes the color of a dark chocolate cake with a milk chocolate frosting. They were a beautiful mix of different shades of Haley's favorite color.

Brown.

Haley took this time to examine Xavier even though she could stare into his sparkling eyes all the time. She found him to be dressed in dark denim jeans and a long sleeve button up shirt that was rolled up showing his thick muscular forearms. Xavier bent down to Haley's level and sat in front of her. She thought she had seen this man before but didn't have a clue from where or who he was.

"What's your name?" He asked light taking in the dark messy hair that was once beautifully curled and the smudged makeup around Haley's eyes.

He thought she was breathtakingly beautiful even with these few flaws.

Haley didn't respond to this as she didn't speak. With a moment of silence more Xavier spoke again.

"How old are you?" He was louder and more demanding now that his first question went unanswered unsure if she didn't hear or just didn't answer.

His volume made Haley jump slightly. He huffed angrily as Haley now looked at the floor.

"Do you even speak?! Stercore!" He yelled now standing but still looking at Haley. (Shit)

Flinching Haley shook her head fiercely as it was the first question she could answer.

"You don't speak?" He asked much more calm as he finally caught on.

Haley clarified by shaking her head once again.

"Why?" He voiced once again louder than before "Did someone hurt you?!" His eyes now a deep dark brown as he got mad.

Haley one again shook her head.

"It's by choice?" He asked confused as she nodded.

There was a long pause filled with silence while Xavier was thinking. Haley was still cold and slightly shaking but conjured up enough courage to slowly stand. She took small step forward with the blanket still wrapped around her. Xavier intensely watched her as she took her final step up to him. She reached out with one hand slowly reaching for his shirt as the other held the blanket. She grabbed lightly onto his shirt and pulled it gently to her as she asked for clothes.

Xavier's big hand softly wrapped around the small hand Haley used to ask with. He pulled her into to his closet that was filled completely with different types of men's clothes. Haley looked around finding his jackets and hoodies. She pulled it off of the hanger dropping the blanket to the floor as she slipped into it. She then looked around for shorts or pants but found they would all be to big around her hips as well as for her legs. So she settled for socks she found in the drawer and pulled them on welcoming any kind of warmth.

Xavier stood in the doorway of the closet observing Haley's every move. She pulled the blanket up and turned to him.

"Do you need anything?" He asked softly as multiple emotions flashed through his eyes.

Haley motioned as if she was writing something down with her right hand causing Xavier to nod and turned. He walked out of the room down the hall as Haley followed him. They entered an office and he walked around the desk. He grabbed a piece of paper and a pen setting then next to him as he sat down in the rolling chair. He sat forward in the chair as he watched Haley write her first question standing next to him.

'Who are you?'

"I'm Xavier Daron. What's your name?"

'Haley. Why am I here?' A growl came from him before he spoke to a questioning Haley.

"You're mine. I'm keeping you safe here."

'Yours? Where are the Devin's? Are they okay?'

"Yes. They're fine at their home."

'Can I go home?'

"No! You are home!" He boomed as Haley flinched away.

He let out a sigh and spoke again.

"Are you hungry?"

Haley nodded as he started walking through the house. They ended up in the kitchen when Xavier got Haley a glass of water and she picked up a banana from the fruit bowl.

~
AN: omg I'm getting so bad at this!!! I know it's Thursday forgive me. New chapter up only for more days of my summer left 😭

Vote and comment