❃Chapter 1❃

Earth has been home of humans for billions of years, but it has been the home of the mystics for much longer. It wasn't until a few years ago that humans found out that there were nonhuman beings living amongst them. You were no exception to this fact. You had no idea that demons, angels, nymphs, mermaids, and other magical creatures actually existed. Luckily, by the time you were nine, the mystics and the humans had made a peaceful compromise, the humans would allow the mystics to roam earth freely and do normal human things as long as they don't use their abilities for evil (mass murder, world domination, race extinction, etc.) . This compromise has been the basis of Earth for 6 years now. You are currently 15 years old, a sophomore in a high school made for mystics, but you weren't a mystic. You were just a regular human. Nothing special about you, or so you thought.

♕♕♕(Your POV)♕♕♕

"(Y/n)," the teacher called, "would you mind paying attention for once? I know you aren't a mystic, and you could care less about the topic, but there will be a test on this subject next week, and I would like for you to not fail." Small snickers and giggles were heard around the room. "S-Sorry Mr. Akuma." I mentally face-palmed at how I let myself get caught. I closed my writing notebook, and shoved it into my little messenger bag. "Well, since there is only 10 minutes left, I might as well tell y'all this. Next week we'll be receiving some new students, obviously mystics, and I need one student to show the new students around." The classroom broke out into murmurs and whispers.

"Hey, (y/n), you should totally sign up to do this! I mean, even if you aren't a mystic, you know this school better than anyone." Kalani Usagi, my absolute best friend since kindergarten, whispered to me. Kalani is part rabbit and has the ability to teleport through mirrors and pull out anything out of a mirror, kind of like an infinity bag.

"I don't know. I mean, yes, I know this school very well, but they're mystics. Do you honestly think they'd want to see a normal human guiding them around the school?" I asked sarcastically. "Of course! Come on, just do it!"

"No." I glared at her with a stern expression.

"What if I buy you cake after school?" My expression softened up. "Ok, fine, but only if its (Favorite flavor) cake."

I stood up, and walked towards the front of the classroom, up to Mr. Akuma's desk. "I'll do it." He sighed. "I was hoping for a mystic to do it, but I'll let you do it." He handed me a small box tied with a (f/c) ribbon. "These are letters from the new students. It basically tells you a little about them and where they are from." I took the small box from him and started to walk back towards my desk. Unfortunately for me, Jasmine Megami tripped me with her stupid little power to control wind. I fell face-forward toward the ground. Jasmine and half of the class erupted into laughter. "Watch where you're going next time, ningen." She laughed as she pushed her bleach blonde hair behind her shoulder. I groaned as I stood back up, holding the box a little tighter. "You know, next time, you should really learn who to mess with, hitsuji." I punched her square in the face, and continued to walk back to my desk.

"Nice one, (y/n)." Kalani said. "Thanks." The bell finally rang. "Let's go get your cake now." We both went to our lockers to grab our bags/materials, and met in front of the school's main door.

Kalani and I walked outside into the courtyard of the school. "It's such a nice day." I commented as we walked to my favorite bakery, Boulangerie de la Libellule. We walked down the main road in front of our school to the cozy shopping center about 5 minutes away. We entered the bakery and sat down at a table for two in the front of the bakery by the window.

"So, are you going to open that box you've been holding onto so tightly. It's like if you let go of it, you're afraid that someone might kill you." She giggles at the end. I simply just smile at her humor. "Ok, fine. I'll open it, but if turns out to be something like what happened to Pandora, I'm blaming you, alright?" She smiles widely.