Chapter 22

Chapter Twenty-two

"He's so cute!"

Ami released Ikuto's hand almost immediately when she seen the kitten, holding out her arms while opening and closing her fingers as if it was the universal language for, give me.

I rolled my eyes then handed her the fuzz-ball, her happy squeals of joy filling the store; they were also getting a few strange stares from people walking by outside.

She nuzzled the kitten, walking off to leave Ikuto standing there as if her ties to him were cut loose instantaneously; growing bored with one thing and jumping to the next.

Alas, I'll never understand that girl.

Watching her walk away, Ikuto wrapped his arms around my shoulders from behind when I wasn't paying attention, pressing his cheek against mine as he pulled me into his chest.

"I want three," he cooed, making me blink in confusion. I turned just enough to look at his face, seeing that his eyes were closed, enjoying the moment.

"Three what?"

"Kids," he didn't skip a beat with his response, sounding so serious which made my heart end up in my throat.

"What?! We aren't even dating," I blushed furiously, gently pulling away from him as I walked over to the catnip, grabbing a bag to kind of have something to keep me distracted so I wouldn't look at him. With the way I was blushing, that was the last thing I needed now.

"Give it time, Amu, the day will come when you ask me to kiss you. And you want to know why that is?"

This genuinely perked my interest, causing me to slowly turn around so I could see his expression, showing that I was awaiting what ever witty answer he could come up with.

"Because when that day comes, it'll be the day you realize you love me."

Everything stopped moving, time stood still. The only sound I could make out was my breathing and even that felt translucent.

I waited for the dream to stop, for me to wake up and I will just be in my bed with this being one amazing wish my heart made, but I didn't wake up.

Ikuto was truly standing there in front of me, his words playing over in my head like an echo on repeat.

I never even thought of that, it had never even crossed my mind that the reason he was waiting to kiss me, was for me to learn on my own if I loved him.

"Neh... just forget I said anything. You look like you're about to have an aneurysm," he turned his head to the side, slipping his hands into his pockets before staring off at nothing in particular.

I punched his arm as hard as I could, growling under my breath since it was the first thing I could think to do.

"Gah! You don't go around saying stuff like that and then take it back, weirdo!"

I jerked my body around to glare at the shelf of merchandise, my anger sizzling out like water being tossed on hot coals when something caught my eye.

Well that was a quick argument...

Inwardly, I smirked when I seen it, picking up a silver bell that was hanging from a black velvet string before glancing over my should to see where Ikuto went. Seeing that he had joined Yoru on the other side of the store I shook my wrist to test out how the jingle would sound.

Deciding that it was a definite buy, I tucked it away then went to gathering supplies we would need for the kitten such as a litter box, food etc.

At the register I placed all the items up, I even had to find Ami so it wouldn't look like we were trying to steal the kitten, then paid for everything. After I had the bags in hand, I started to dig for the bell, hiding it in my hand as I causally strolled over to Tsukiyomi.