I feel safe in your arms

Authors note: reasons I haven't updated in a while: 1) I don't have any new ideas 2) I haven't really been inspired 3) I'm trying to enjoy my summer by hanging out with my family while they are currently visiting.....

Elena's P.O.V

"No please don't do this!!!" I yelled through the phone. It was too late. The worst part of all was the fact that she looked like me.

Caroline was killed by an exact copy of one of her best friends, and the pain that came off of thinking that was worse than the pain I had felt even at my uncle John's funeral.

Damon and I were still in the kitchen of the Salvatore boarding house. We were still making dinner, and enjoying each other's company.

Our moment was over. The reality of our lives came back into view. I felt a wave of emotions pass over me. I dropped the wooden spoon, and it hit the ground with a loud thud. I felt my knees buckle, and I fell to the ground.

Damon's hand reached for my arm as I fell, and he kneeled down to help me. As soon as my knees hit the ground Damon had his hand resting on my hand, and patting it reassuringly.

The tears began to flow like water rushing through a river. I sobbed for what seemed like hours, while Damon kept whispering into my ear. "It's okay.." But that wasn't the truth. It wasn't okay. It would never be okay....

They say when life hands you lemons you make lemonade. For a while I lived by that phrase. Then one day I just stopped. I gave up. Because what happens when life hands you death? Do you grief until the pain goes away? Or do you move on like the person would want you to, have some kids, and start a family?

I honestly had no idea what to think anymore.

My life was one big emotional roller-coaster. You go up for a while being happy only to fall back down along with the pain. The pain was the worst part of falling in love, but I would deal with it. I was in love with a man named Damon Salvatore who was nothing but trouble, and absolutely everything I wanted in a guy.

He was charming yet arrogant at times. Smart, yet could be stubborn. Most of all he was trouble, and trouble is what I crave.

That's getting off of topic though. The topic is Caroline. Caroline was innocent. All she knew about was Werewolves, Doppelgängers, and Witches. She had no idea about vampires, and if she did; the idea of even living in a world full of them would scare the hell out of her.

She didn't deserve this. Everything was going well for her; she had everything she ever wanted. She was happy. She should be here. It wasn't fair. Life in general wasn't fair. If life was fair then Katherine would have lived out her life, and never ruined ours.

Damon continued to stroke my head. The tears that had fallen from my face now were in small puddles on the ground that I was planted to. The puddles got larger, and larger. With every sob; my shoulders shook. "It's not okay..." I sobbed.

Damon's P.O.V

I'm not the one who you'd find as a particularly emotional person. Even when Elena forced me to watch The Notebook; not a single tear escaped my eye. It makes me seem cold-hearted; which I am not. Death was the only thing that could trigger even the smallest tear to roll down my cheek.

Death was something I was familiar with.

I had experienced loosing someone before. I had lost my mom, my dad, Enzo around 1952, and then there was her.

Heather Grace.

The girl that was a witch that my brother fell in love with. She was my best friend from 1949-1952. She died in 1952 at age 18. She had told me about her life though. How her doppelgänger was in love with Klaus, and she taught me how to drink animal blood.

She was my Lexi.

One night we were at a bar. She was talking about her perfect relationship with Stefan, and I was talking about my childhood. We were also giving each other dares. I dared her to drink my blood, and she did. That was the same night she died.

She was walking home; when someone came up behind her, and tried to mug her. She was a fighter though. She fought against the person until they snapped her neck.

Me, and Stefan found her dead in the alley the next day. I wanted to turn it off so badly, but I knew she wouldn't want me to.

Stefan wanted to leave as soon as he saw her dead body. I had told him that she had had some of my blood the night before, but he didn't listen. We left. I returned a few months later only to find that she was really gone. I always wondered what would have happened if we would have stayed.

Now Elena had lost someone close to her just as I had. She was feeling every emotion at once, and didn't know how to react. Should she be happy, and move on like Caroline would want her to? Or should she lock herself up in my room, and cry her eyes out?

I has no idea what to do either. So instead I picked up a crying Elena bridal style, and vamp sped to my bed. I laid her softly down, and crawled up next to her. She leaned in closer. Our bodies almost touching. I kissed the top of her head, and wrapped my arms around her waist.

Elena's P.O.V

Damon kissed the top of my head, and as much as I hate to say it; he took away the pain. When his arms were wrapped around me the whole world stops for a second. Because in his arms I feel safe.

I feel safe in his arms.

Authors note: hello lovelies,

So I lied. This wasn't a pure Delena chapter. I needed to add Heather Grace's part in somewhere and this seemed like the perfect place. Is anyone interested in this new Heather Grace? I am! Don't worry she'll be back soon. I had to steal her from the novel I am currently writing that I hope to publish. She's based off of me, and looks like me...so yeah. Anyway I could really use more suggestions for this story!! Anything you'd like to see happen? Question of the day: Who is/are your wattpad besties? Lanabug1864 is my wattpad bestie! I'm off to six flags now!Love you guys, and write on!

the_teen_author