Chapter 12

Chapter 12

June 16 2002

“Echo! Echo!” Jeremy screamed hysterically and Echo laughed aloud. “Stop . . . please!”

“Oh c’mon cry baby. It’s just the tickles!” Echo laughed when Jeremy gave another girly shriek.

“Please . . . I’m going to die” he heaved.

Echo smiled at him fondly and finally nodded. “Fine” she grinned when he smirked.

Jeremy and Echo collapsed on the ground looking at the sky. The day had started out wonderful so far. Jeremy and Echo had went out for breakfast together, afterward they headed to the park and then came back home to watch one of their favorite shows.

It was already late in the noon, and yet they weren’t tired.

Jeremy sat up and looked down at Echo. He grinned and showed his missing front tooth by doing so.

“I’m glad you’re my sister, Echo” Jeremy smiled fondly. Echo had to hold back tears, afraid she’d cry in front of her little brother.

“I’m glad I’m your sister. I don’t know how I would be able to live if I didn’t have you as a brother.” Echo said softly.

“But all you’d have to do is drink water all the time” Jeremy joked, and Echo chuckled. She brought her little brother close to her and held him. His baby scent still so familiar to her.

She felt as if she were back in the day when he was just born. He had looked at her with those brown eyes of his, and she felt that connection. This was her new baby brother. Hers to cherish, as if he were her own.

He was the person she could say that she would never stop loving, no matter what happened to him. Echo felt tears coming to her eyes.

What she said to her brother had been true. Jeremy was the main reason she thrived for the next day. Their friendship held her up during hard times.

“You won’t leave me, will you Echo?” Jeremy whispered, Echo’s tear slid down her cheek and she kissed the top of his head.

“Never, Jer, I’ll always be here.” Echo promised. But why did it seem so empty?

“Promise? Forever?” Jeremy asked.

“Forever.” She said whisper-soft.