43. All Seriousness

Ellie wanted to tag along with Titus and Kohl when she found out they were going into town. They left about twenty minutes ago, and ever since then Alex has been on my tail going on about nonsense. "Wouldn't it be cool if they're mates?"

"Sure." I mumbled nonchalantly as I continued walking.

"Why aren't you excited about this?" I stoped in front of the pack house and sighed. "Because I they aren't I don't want anyone to get hurt. You know how she plays tricks." I said referring to the moon goddess.

Alex furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean?"

I ran my hand over my face with a deep sigh. "Look, I love Titus, but you can't tell me our pairing wasn't odd." She looked off into the distance as she thought about my statement.

"A little." She finally admitted.

"Just let them enjoy their childhood okay?" She nodded in agreement.

"You're right." She linked her arm in mine as we walked towards the pack house.

"So how short are we cutting it?" Alex asked as we entered her and Ryan's bathroom. I examined my hair through the mirror and contemplated the length I wanted to go. My hair was a couple inches away from touching my butt and it was beginning to annoy me. I placed my hand directly above my bra strap and said, "Here."

Alex tilted her head to the side as she stared at my hand. "You're cutting off a lot of hair." I shook my head then sat in the seat in front of the mirror. "It's about to be summer in a couple of months. I'm tired of my hair being in the way."

She shrugged then pulled out a brush and hair scissors. "Okay." She began brushing my hair then sectioning it off into sections as she cut my hair.

I groaned as she pulled out the curling iron. "Alex." She chuckled, "Oh come on, just let me have my fun." I shook my head. "Fine, but nothing too crazy." She smiled eagerly then got to work.

I wasn't one for experimenting with different hairstyles. I liked to keep my hair nice and simple.

"Not bad Alex." I said in awe after she finished my hair. It ran in lose spiral curls above my bra strap.

"Glad you like it." I stood and stared down at the hair that used to be attached to my head. "I'll clean that up later. Let's go get something to eat, I'm starving." She grabbed my hand and lead me towards the dining hall.

Before we reached the dining hall we came to a stop as we saw Seth having a conversation with a blonde she wolf. We both gave each other a questioning look. Alex was the first one to go up to them as I awkwardly followed behind.

"Oh hey Seth, who's this?" She asked, as we both glanced between the two. "Oh this is my friend Paisley." Paisley's gaze dropped as the words "friend" left Seth's mouth.

Huh...

"Paisley, this is our Luna Brinn and our Beta's mate Alex." We shook hands after he introduced us. Seth's eyes met mine as he held a look I couldn't quite understand. He was the first to break eye contact as he looked down and ran his hand through his hair.

What was his deal?

The small exchange didn't go unnoticed from Paisley or Alex. "Okay well Brinn and I have food waiting on us so see you two around." Alex interjected after a long and awkward silence.

"Yeah uh bye guys." Seth added as Alex led me to the dining hall.

"Well that was awkward." Alex stated as we sat down with our plates of food. I shrugged as I took a bite of my chicken wrap.