18. New Person, Same Old Mistakes

Titus went back to his office after lunch, so I decided to go find Maci and see if she wanted to watch a movie. It was pretty much all I did nowadays.

I was walking down the hallway when I heard my name being called. Turning, I saw Lily sprinting towards me. "Hey." She said breathlessly.

"Hey Lily. What's up?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"There's a party tonight. I was wondering if you would go with me?" She asked.

Usually I would say 'héll yeah.' But with me being Luna and Titus's mate. I didn't think Titus would be too pleased. Things have changed, and I wanted to make a good impression on the pack. They couldn't rely on someone who partied all the time. No one would take me serious.

"I would, but there is no way Titus is going to agree to it." I explained.

"Just don't tell him." My eyes went wide at her statement. Lily did not seem like the rebellious type, but I guess I couldn't judge a book by it's cover.

"Come on. You're seventeen! You should be having fun." She had a point. Since I'd been here I haven't felt like myself. It was time for that to change. One night wouldn't be so bad. "You're right." I said with a smile.

She squealed excitedly. "Great meet me outside the pack house at 12."

"See you then." I gave her a hug then proceeded down the hall.

"Oh, and Brinn." She called after me.

I turned to face her. "Yeah?"

"Don't tell anyone about our plans."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Why?"

She sighed. "Because we're going into human territory."

No one can go into human territory unless they have permission from the alpha. Or if they're a rouge, who doesn't live by rules. But we don't come across many of those luckily.

"Oh okay. I gotcha." I shot her a wink then continued my walk down the hall. Part of me was excited but the other half of me had a bad feeling. My wolf snarled her disapproval of the situation.

"Oh calm down, we'll be fine." I said out loud to my wolf. She laid on her stomach but still had her teeth bared.

***

I couldn't stop smiling the whole time we were watching The Walking Dead. All I could think about was the party tonight.

Maci gave me a sideways look. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah why?" I wasn't acting too out of the ordinary. Well at least I thought I wasn't.

She poked at my cheeks and examined my face further. "You're just extra...happy. Happier than usual-wait I know that look." She started wiggling her eyebrows. "You and alpha must have had a very eventful night." My face instantly heated up.

Oh god. It wasn't that obvious!

"I am not talking about this with you." I stated.

I needed to work on my poker face.

"It's okay. You've already said enough with your facial expressions." She shoved a handful of chips into her mouth then proceeded to chew loudly.

I rolled my eyes. This girl...

I dug into my Nutella then moaned as I brought the creamy chocolate to my mouth.

Seth walked into the media room and sat right in the middle of us. I smacked his head when he took my Nutella out of my hand. "Ow." He rubbed his head.

"Give it back." I held my hand out waiting for him to return the jar.

He placed it in my hand then mumbled a couple of profanities. We continued watching the show in silence. The only sounds heard were the sounds of our mouths chewing.

I didn't realize I had fallen asleep until I heard a loud growl. I snapped my eyes open and took in my surroundings, still groggy. I looked towards the doorway and saw Titus standing there shaking in rage.

What did I miss?

I suddenly realized why he was so upset when Seth pushed me away gently. I was lying my head in Seth's lap. Seth shot up out of his seat, as I quickly followed. "Hey it's not what it looks like, we just fell asleep." Seth explained nervously.

I nodded in agreement. Titus please. I mind linked. He stared between the both of us then let out a huff of breath, still annoyed.

Maci yawned then stretched her arms out. She looked around the room then scratched her head. "What's going on?" She asked groggily.

Titus grabbed my arm then pulled me towards the door. I shot them an apologetic smile before I left.

He let go of my arm once we entered his office. I walked towards his desk with my back turned towards him "Titus the possessiveness was cute at first, but now it's just..." I trailed off as the sound of bones cracking filled the air.

I snapped my head in his direction. Titus was halfway in his wolf form. I sat crisscrossed on the floor, waiting for him to complete his shift. There was no point in fighting, so I decided to wait this one out. I let out a sigh, causing a stray strand of hair to fly up, only to cover my face a few seconds later.

He was almost fully shifted, there was no stopping him now. I drummed my finger nails against the hardwood floor, wanting to focus on anything but the beast in front of me.

He scooted towards me with his head down, and his tail thudding against the floor. I sighed then ran my hand through his fur as he purred softly.

I had to cover my mouth to stop the laughter from spilling out. "Did the big bad alpha just purr?" He growled lowly then pounced on to me. I fell on my back, with Titus towering over my body.

He started licking my face like a small puppy. "Ew stop." I'm not particularly a fan of wolf slobber on my face. I tried to push him away, but he let out a warning growl for me to stay still.

I rolled my eyes and he buried his nuzzle into my neck. Right as he was about to run his tongue over my mark the door opened.

"Oh uh..." We both snapped our gazes towards a nervous looking Ryan.

Awkward...

Titus let out a vicious growl. Ryan held his hands up in surrender. "My bad, dinner is ready. Bye." Ryan left like a bat out of héll. Not that I blamed him.

I wrapped my arms around Titus's neck before he leaned closer into my touch. "Okay my alpha wolf. It's time to bring Titus back now." He licked my face one last time before he started shifting back.

I stood up and walked over to his desk. When he was back to standing on two legs, he grabbed a spare set of clothes in his cabinet and changed. "Titus, Seth is just a friend. I don't know how many time I have to explain this." I exclaimed.

He shrugged on his T-shirt then walked towards me. "I know Brinn, but my wolf and I don't see it like that."

I sighed. "Let's just talk about this later. I'm hungry." I said in defeat. He grabbed my hand then ushered me out of the door. Leaving the past conversation behind us.

***

Dinner went smoothly. Titus and I made conversation with each other. But the whole time I couldn't get the party Lily and I were going to out of my mind. I grew more anxious as the time went by.

Titus and I were walking back to the pack house silently. He seemed to be deep in thought so I snuggled closer into him. He looked down at me and smiled. "What's wrong?" I asked

He shook his head. "Nothing." I knew he wasn't being honest , but I decided not to push him.

***

Song:
New person, same old mistakes ~ Tame Impala ( I'm a huge music enthusiast if you haven't noticed by now. If you ever need music suggestions I'm ya girl.)