Halliwell Manor Foyer-December 19, 2003- the Night before Paige's Wedding

"Come on, honey...let's see who's at the door." Paige said to Peyton as they descended the staircase. "Sa- I mean Daddy!" Paige exclaimed happily. "You made it!" she added as she gave him an awkward hug.

"Of course I made it, baby...I told you I'd be here barring any charges that needed me." Sam reminded his daughter as he returned the hug. 'How am I going to tell him I thought he'd flake on me and I called Victor for backup? Especially considering how Victor hates Sam with a passion?' Paige thought to herself, trying not to give her emotions away in her facial expression. 'Oh well...Victor's in the conservatory, and I can't ask him to leave without a lot of questions being asked, so I guess I'll just shut up and we'll see what happens.'

"How are my girls?" Sam inquired, snapping Paige back from her thoughts. "Oh! Hanging in there." Paige answered quickly. "Peyton is starting to cut her first teeth, so she's crabby sometimes, but she's a good baby for the most part."

"Can I hold her?" Sam asked, gesturing to his granddaughter, who was resting in the baby sling Paige wore. "What is that thing you've got her in?" he continued with a curious expression. "Looks like a baby hammock or something."

"That would be precisely what it is," Paige informed her father. "Glenn's mom made it."

"Very ingenious," Sam stated. "She should market those."

"Actually, I think she might," Paige answered. "Peyton, this is your Grandpa Sam." Paige informed her tiny daughter as she lifted her out of the sling. In response, Peyton's bottom lip began to thrust out in an angry pout as her small head turned and she focused her hazel-blue gaze on Sam.

The instant Peyton was taken into Sam's embrace, she let out a loud wail of protest. "Now honey, don't be like that." Paige scolded gently. "Momma's right here, princess...I'm not going anywhere."

"She hates me, doesn't she?" Sam queried softly.

"She doesn't know you, Daddy." Paige informed him quietly. "She's too little to remember that she's seen you before... If it's any consolation, though, she screams lately whenever Phoebe holds her. Then again, that might be due to the fact that Phoebe's nearly eight months pregnant and I swear her baby's jealous. If she holds Peyton, or Piper and Leo's little boy Garrett, her baby kicks until she puts them down. I hope my second one doesn't behave like that," she added.

"Are you planning on having another baby?" Sam inquired with an inquisitive expression. "I'm not just planning on it." Paige answered with a smile. "I'm about nine weeks pregnant right now."

"Really?" Sam breathed, happiness evident in his tone. "Are you okay with this?" he continued as he studied his daughter's face intently. "Well, he or she obviously wasn't planned on this soon, but I'm fine with it." Paige informed Sam. "Glenn, of course, is the father."

"And how is he handling it?" Sam asked.

"Oh, he's been wonderful." Paige announced. "He works a full time job at a sporting goods store, with lots of overtime, but when he comes home, he'll take Peyton and play with her if she's still awake and I'm tired. Lately, he's been getting up with her in the middle of the night and giving her a bottle I've made so that I can sleep."

"Patty and I missed out on so much of your life with the choice we were forced to make..." Sam began, before Paige cut him off, saying. "You did what you had to do to protect me, and I'm grateful for it...now let's go and join the rest of the family, shall we?" she suggested as she took his elbow and steered him in the direction of the conservatory.

Halliwell Manor Conservatory- Moments Later

"Sam Wilder, I'd like you to meet Chris and Diana Belland, Glenn's parents." Paige said as she led him to them. "'Mom', 'Dad', this is my biological father, Sam."